Confronting Feelings

His Home

"Finn? Are you going to say anything?"

"I'm just... thinking."

Millie didn't like the look on his face. It was a mixture of different emotions she couldn't really pick apart, but there was definitely no sign of happiness.

"A penny for your thoughts please, the silence is scaring me and I can't read minds." Millie started to fidget with her hands.

After a few moments Finn finally decided to speak up.

"So basically... you are the only person worth being around in your family." Finn looked up to meet her eyes with a playful smile reaching across his lips.

"If you want to put it that way." Millie tried to return the smile, but Finn's words held some sort of truth and that fact didn't leave the best feeling in her stomach.

"It's just... I know my older brother and sister are set in the ways of my dad now, I wish I could get Ava out of there, but my parents wouldn't let me near her long enough to talk with her alone."

"They won't even let you spend time with her?"

Millie shrugged. "I've never really spent time with any of my siblings before. My parents are pretty set in sending us off to some foreign school as soon as we are old enough. Paige and I attended some etiquette school in Switzerland where Ava is now. Charlie went to some fancy boarding school in Italy I think."

"When we come home we are expected to act a certain way and start doing our part for the family. Charlie was pushed quickly by my dad in being taught how to run the family business once he retires. Paige spent time with my mother learning how to be a proper wife or some shit."

"After all of this Paige married a man my parents set her up with, much like Ava will and me as well..." Millie sallowed nervously. The days were far away but coming closer every hour. She knew her parents were counting down the days until Millie would have to return  back under their control.

"What about when all of you are home? You don't spend time together? Watch a movie or something?"

The sad spark that suddenly appeared in Millie's eyes made Finn's heart ache. Her family situation was very different from his, but also alike in many ways.

"I don't really know what spending time with your family is like..." Her voice grew quiet, timid like and Finn realized she was more like him than he thought.

Millie didn't have an alcoholic father and a even more careless drug addict mother she had to run from, but in the same sense she wanted to run away too... from parents who didn't care about her or what she wanted out of life. They only wanted to be the dictators of Millie's life.

The two stood in silence still stuck in the place, opposite sides of the counter.

"What's it like?" Millie's suddenly asked.

"What?"

"I mean... family. What about your family? Did you have movie nights and different things when you were younger?"

His Home | Fillie जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें