Unexpected Call

His Home

The second week of May had rolled around now, April just a memory in everyone's minds.

Millie sat on the couch this afternoon currently frustrated looking at her phone. The tv was playing some show in the background she wasn't paying attention to.

She didn't even hear Finn's footsteps walk into the kitchen from down the hall. He eyed the bowl of fruit sitting on Millie's counter almost contemplating grabbing something before giving a look of disgust and going to rummage through the cabinet where she kept different sweets instead.

Millie seemed to pick up on the fact he liked cinnamon buns because Finn had noticed one shelf was always stocked with them now. He wasn't really sure when she had taken notice of this fact though.

She was so concentrated on staring at the phone screen she almost didn't hear Finn's comment.

"Don't make expressions like that, wouldn't wanna ruin that pretty little face of yours."

Millie looked up just in time to see him closing the cabinet with a cinnamon bun in hand, but his eyes were stuck on her with a smile.

"Shut up, dummy." She tried to play things off, but her heart had most likely done a flip already and Millie felt the butterflies show up in her stomach.

Part of her wished he would stop saying such things like this to her just because she couldn't seem to get her feelings under control since admitting them to herself and Sadie, Finn's flirty comments weren't helping either.

They only made her fall for him more and she couldn't afford that. To many times over the past few weeks she caught herself staring at him for to long or getting lost in some longing glance. Finn had almost caught her gawking over him a few times.

It was embarrassing especially when Sadie was around and it happened. The redhead's common words now a days rang through Millie's head.

"Wow Mille you really have got it bad for him." She would laugh after teasing too. 

Millie wasn't sure if her mind was just playing tricks on her or if Finn had actually been openly flirting with her more over the past few weeks. It seemed to start happening right after she had basically dumped Noah...

Speaking of Noah, Millie's eyes went back to her phone screen. "He has been ignoring my text for the last few weeks."

"Who has?" Finn sat at the counter after throwing the wrapper for his sugary treat away.

"Noah. I thought we were on good terms, but he's been ignoring me."

He froze stopping mid bite. His eyes darted over to look at Millie, a bitter feeling entering his gut.

"Seems like an asshole to me." Millie didn't see Finn roll his eyes.

"But he was so sweet... he said everything was okay, that we could be friends..." Millie frowned trying to figure out if she had done something wrong.

Millie pulled her hands out of Noah's grasp. "Look Noah... I didn't really call for a date. There's something I need to tell you and I didn't want to do it over text."