Going Back.

Song: Dark Times - The Weeknd ft. Ed Sheeran.

‘Waking up, half past five
Blood on pillow and one bruised eye’

Alastor opens his eyes looking through the window on the dark night. Turning around, he sees the sleeping woman by his side… the only woman who knew his secret. He always come in here at night to have her treat his wound when he ended up hurt and sometimes, spend a nice night together. The marks on her neck were proof of that.

‘Drunk too much, you know what I'm like
But you should've seen the other guy’

He sits on the bed and sees the patches on his body, this time his victim really gave a good fight before dying. Standing up from the bed, he starts dressing himself.

‘This ain't the right time for you to fall in love with me
Baby I'm just being honest’

“Stay…”

He hears a voice muttering behind him. Turning around, he sees her looking at him with pleading eyes.

“Please…”

“We already talked about this, darling” he leans down and kisses her forehead “See you soon” he walks to the door.

‘And I know my lies could not make you believe
We're running in circles that's why’

“No” she sits up.

He looks at her and tilts his head with a smile on his lips “Pardon me?”

“Don’t come back… never again” she cover her body with the blanket and looks at the window.

He tries to process the words that came from her mouth.

“Alright then… this is a goodbye” he opens the door “Don’t worry about seeing me again” he exits.

‘In my dark times I'll be going back to the street
Promising everything I do not mean

Weeks after, Alastor walked down the street in the middle of the night. He held tightly his side while opening the little gate seeing a familiar house in front of him. He stops himself and remembers the last time when he was here, he doesn’t know why his body automatically brought him here.

‘In my dark times, baby this is all I could be
And only my mother can love me for me’

He sighs and decides to knock the door, after all, he was sure that she loved him as much as he does. Even when he never told her that.

When she opens the door a little bit, her eyes widens and then frowns.

“I know, I know…” he chuckles “But it’s not what you think, I only need you to heal me up and then I’ll go—”

“Is everything alright?” a masculine voice speaks from behind.

‘In my dark times (dark times), in my dark times (dark times)’

“Yes…” she replies without taking her eyes from him “Is just someone who got lost” she closes the door again.

Alastor stood shocked. He didn’t recognized the voice. He wanted to enter and find out who was inside of his lover’s house but in this state, he wouldn’t be able to do much.

Turning around, he leaves with a sour feeling on his chest.

‘Light one up, let me bum a smoke
Still calming down, dripping throat’