II. | Contentious Run-Ins

* * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ˗ˏˋ

* * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ˗ˏˋ. ☾ .ˊˎ˗ ˚ * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ *

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

❝ Quit staring, weirdo. If you think I'm that cute, why don't you say so? ❞

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

HU TAO WINCES AS SHE presses another medicine-soaked band-aid to her arm. The rose bush she had fallen into last night did a number on her skin, leaving many angry red dots across her body. She knew the markings would definitely draw unwelcome questions from both her family and friends, yet decided against patching herself up at home, opting to wait until she returned to school the next day to find something to heal herself.

"I can grab another twenty first-aid kits if you want," Xingqiu says to Hu Tao in a slightly sarcastic tone. She simply rolls her eyes in response from where she sits on the school rooftop's bench.

"Do you need any more medicine?" Xiangling adds from the spot next to her, "Or ice, maybe? I could run downstairs and get some supplies from the nurse's office." Hu Tao shakes her head and rolls down her sleeves.

"It doesn't hurt that much anymore. I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't get infected." Although her usual jacket completely covers her arms, Hu Tao's zealous avoidance of wearing anything other than booty shorts left the wounds on her legs on clear display. Yet, by some luck, she had somehow walked out this morning without her any of the maids noticing.

"What did you even do?" Chongyun looks over at Hu Tao with his eyebrows raised from where he stands.

"Beats me..." she shrugs.

"You're lying on your ass."

Hu Tao lets out an exaggerated gasp, "Rude!"

"You're one to talk," the boy scolds. "Why didn't you just patch yourself up at home?"

"Well... I didn't want anyone to question why I was grabbing a thousand band-aids."

"So, I'm assuming you did something illegal."

"Maybe..." Hu Tao giggles while Chongyun rubs his temples in disappointment. Xingqiu lets out a soft chuckle and sits down beside her -- book in one hand and lunch in the other.

The group often enjoys eating lunch on the roof of their school. Although they always say their reasons for sitting their is because "it's the best place for privacy and a decent view," they really chose the spot in case Hu Tao and Chongyun started brawling. Unlike the classrooms downstairs, the roof doesn't have anything at risk of being broken in the case of a juvenile boxing match.

"What even- don't bark at me!" Chongyun snaps and jumps to his feet, tossing a spoon in Hu Tao's direction. She dodges easily and hides behind Xingqiu, peeking out from behind him with a grin. "You're a failure," her half-hearted attacker grumbles as he sits back down.