IX. | Revelations, Realizations

* * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ˗ˏˋ

* * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ˗ˏˋ. ☾ .ˊˎ˗ ˚ * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ *

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

So, I assume you don't know how to kiss, either... 

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"MR. HU, I'D SAY OUR next order of business for today is to review the plans for your will," a coy smile crosses the servant's face. "Since you are nearing your 60th anniversary of being head director of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor -- a milestone achievement-- now would be a good time to look over your will once more, in case you might wish to make any changes."

"That is a good idea, Ms. Liu. Thank you for reminding me! It would've slipped my mind had you not been here," Old Man Hu beams warmly at the woman. "I don't know what I'd do without your assistance. Would you mind pulling it up?"

Ms. Liu nods, clicking through her laptop until she opens the draft of the will proceedings. The pair begin reading over each of the agreements and plans, none of which seem to need any change, as Old Man Hu appears rather set in stone about each of the points.

"...Upon your passing, 100% of your possessions, aside from the few exempted below, shall be evenly divided and donated to local charities." Ms. Liu reads, to which Old Man Hu nods in approval, motioning for her to continue reading the next stages of the agreement. "Moving on to the state of your business. Your estate will be inherited by your only directly living descendant, Hu Tao, wherein the business shall also be passed unto her."

The woman pauses, looking up with a hint of concern onto her face. "Sir," she begins with an empathetic tone, "the girl is just barely sixteen. Are you sure you wish to pass such a responsibility down to such a young lady?"

Old Man Hu raises his eyebrows with a smile, "I have no doubt that my granddaughter will do flawlessly with running the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. She's a very capable girl, Ms. Liu! There is no need to worry about her age -- years will have passed by the time I'm gone, and when it's time for her to step up, she will have most likely gotten married by then!"

"Yes, I understand that," the woman replies with more firmness in her tone. "However, let's take into account the unfortunate possibility that an accident happens, and you perish tomorrow. The will states that the ownership shall immediately pass down to her upon your passing. Don't you think then it would be too much responsibility for a young girl? I only bring this up because I worry for her, and for you. I wouldn't wish to see your beloved granddaughter have such a responsibility put on her shoulders right after such a tragic event. Think of how much she already has with schoolwork and possible university."

Old Man Hu gazes at Ms. Liu with a soft expression, mulling over the words she spoke with thoughtfulness.

"What are you suggesting?