[VALENTINE'S]. | Candy Hearts

* * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ˗ˏˋ

* * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ ˗ˏˋ. ☾ .ˊˎ˗ ˚ * •̩̩͙ ✩ •̩̩͙ * ˚ *

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

VALENTINE'S DAY. THE ONE DAY day out of the year that Xiao dreads more than any other special occasion. Well, for the most part. He absolutely despises April Fools, but that story is for another time.

It isn't because of the "holiday" itself. He doesn't have a problem with being reminded that he's single, really. He couldn't care less about that. Rather, it's almost the opposite.

Although Xiao is considered by many to be a loner, or a mysterious, ill-tempered miscreant, that doesn't change the fact that he's a very attractive teenage boy. And very attractive teenage boys tend to draw the attention of other teenage girls.

Even with his aloof demeanor, and the overwhelming amount of rumors about his dangerous habits, nothing seems to be discouraging. In fact, it only seems to entice people more. The fanfic-esque "bad boy" attitude can really be a girl magnet (unfortunately for him), and it rarely ever goes unnoticed by his peers.

It's on this day in particular that Xiao finds his locker stuffed to the brim with secretive love letters and little packets of chocolates. That part is definitely annoying, yes (he doesn't even like sweets!), but that isn't even the worst part. What bothers him the most are the girls who approach him directly.

Of course, Xiao is always polite. He's never rude, and is fully aware that he should treat these offers with delicacy. But that still doesn't change the fact that he never knows what to do in those situations. He has never liked any of the girls who approach him, so, should he really be accepting their gifts?

First of all, agian, he doesn't like sweets. If they're going to get him something, shouldn't they know him well enough to pick a gift they put some thought into? It would be far more meaningful. But alas, it really wouldn't matter anyways.

Second, those who pluck up the courage to confess usually haven't even spoken to him in their life. It's always out of no where, and from someone Xiao has never met. Hell, if someone wanted to even remotely have a chance at "winning his heart" or whatever, they'd have to know him personally first.

They'd have to have something in common. Maybe a similar pass-time, like music, or taking walks, or discussing interesting abstract concepts. They'd also need to have a mutual ability to bask in each other's presence – whether that be with gentle conversation or peaceful silence. Just someone who he's comfortable with.

The person would also have to have to be interesting. Perhaps an opposite personality type, like someone more outgoing. No, not annoying or obnoxiously loud – that would just irritate him to no end. Someone who can balance him out and push him out of his comfort zone, or support him in areas he's not familiar with.