•♪Morning Cuddles♪•

P.s. In this one-shot, Sanemi and Giyuu are already dating.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The golden rays of the sun were peeking through the window, indicating that morning had arisen. The beautiful rays of gold shimmered into the neatly decorated studio. The water hashira was passed out on his desk, having stayed up doing documents and filling out reports all night for two nights in a row took a heavy toll on his body. The golden rays outlined Giyuu's face, defining his jawline and making his disheveled hair more apparent. He was always a heavy sleeper, especially when he unknowingly overworked himself. Whenever Giyuu manages to overwork himself, his partner always gets pissed that he wasn't taking care of himself. It seems that this was also the string of events that took place when Giyuu's partner came to check up on him today.
•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•
Sanemi had a bit of a hunch that he wouldn't be greeted when he got to the Water Hashira's estate like he usually was. The last time Sanemi checked in on him, Giyuu was still doing paperwork at around eleven at night. Guaranteed, he was only doing what he was assigned to do, but it still worried Sanemi more than he'd like to admit with how much Giyuu tends to neglect his own health. But Sanemi knows if he's not there to snap Giyuu out of his working trance, the Water Pillar won't take care of himself because he'll forget. Sanemi sighed as he reached the entrance to Tomioka's estate. He knocked before opening the doors to the estate with the spare key that Giyuu entrusted to him. He placed his sandals at the front entrance before stepping onto the wooden floor, closing the door behind him, and making his way around Giyuu's estate until he reached Giyuu's 'office' if one could call it that. Sanemi made three sharp knocks on the sliding door and waited for a few seconds to see if there was a response. He got a bit annoyed when there was no answer, and quietly opened the door. Upon entering, all his previous anger disappeared and he chuckled slightly when he saw that Tomioka had fallen asleep at his desk. The office was pretty much an empty room and was fairly small. There were a few bookshelves piled with books, papers, and other writing materials. On the far left side of the door was Giyuu's desk, the height of a coffee table, and a cushion where Giyuu sat. Sanemi went over and tapped Giyuu on the shoulder, though he hated to wake him up because of how peaceful he looked, it'd be better for Giyuu to sleep on a proper surface. Giyuu stirred a bit and slowly started opening his eyes, groaning when the light pooled into his eyes, giving him a sharp pain in his head.
•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•

Giyuu jumped a bit when he saw his partner, not expecting him to be in his estate, primarily since Giyuu hadn't heard Sanemi enter his estate.

"Sorry...you startled me a bit," Giyuu mumbled, sitting up straighter, stretching and popping his back. Sanemi grimaced at how loudly Giyuu's back popped.

"This is why you don't overwork yourself, dumbass," Sanemi said, his voice laced with concern and disappointment. Giyuu's face contorted into a guilty expression. Sanemi sighed and walked over to Giyuu, who was still sitting down, and ruffled his messy hair. Giyuu shut his eyes and once Sanemi was done ruffling his hair he looked up at Sanemi with a tired and confused expression.

"Come on, you need sleep," Sanemi said, grabbing Giyuu's hand and pulling him up from his spot on the floor. Giyuu just groaned and reluctantly followed his partner to his bedroom in the estate. After a while, Sanemi came to a stop, Giyuu stopping a few feet behind him. Giyuu felt Sanemi lift his chin and was greeted with a look of disappointment on his partner's face.

"What's that look for?" Giyuu asked, pouting. Sanemi just sighed and placed a kiss on Tomioka's cheek. Giyuu blushed greatly, not used to this affection from his brash partner. He didn't mind it but he knew he only did it when he was concerned for Giyuu's health or Giyuu in general. Giyuu sighed, knowing Sanemi was just worried. "Sorry, I just wanted to make sure the work was done and that there was nothing else to do," Giyuu replied, lowering his face and placing his head in the crook of Sanemi's neck. Sanemi just smiled and gently grabbed his boyfriend's ponytail holder and removed it. Sanemi adored it when Giyuu had his hair down, it was fluffy and framed his face nicely, and it was very soothing to play with when he was bored or stressed. Sanemi just sighed again and kissed Tomioka on the top of his head before letting his hand go.

"Go change and then...we can cuddle I suppose," Sanemi said, a slight blush on his cheeks as he looked away from Giyuu. Giyuu gave a small, warm-hearted smile and went to change into a plain white yukata from his bedroom. Giyuu wasn't one to have extravagant clothing, especially compared to one of his other colleagues. After changing, Giyuu made his way back to his bedroom and went over to his futon, and plopped down onto the soft-ish surface.

"You're going to hurt yourself doing that one day I swear," Sanemi said, walking into the room, earning a hum from Giyuu in response. Giyuu sat up groggily, pouting at Sanemi, indicating that he was losing patience. Sanemi chuckled at how childish the Water Pillar of all people was acting. He went over and sat down on the futon, wrapping his arms around his pouting partner, and hugging Giyuu close to his chest. Giyuu rested his face into the crook of Sanemi's neck, getting comfortable. He was exhausted and just wanted some rest.

"This is why you sleep, idiot," Sanemi said, running his fingers through Giyuu's hair, his hair now out of the usual ponytail and spreading out along his shoulders and stopping a third down his back. Giyuu started drifting off to sleep, not having slept in days does catch up to you sooner or later. Sanemi started lightly humming and snaked his arms around Giyuu's waist. Sanemi stopped humming after a few minutes and looked down to see Giyuu sleeping peacefully. He smiled, a rare sight for the Wind Pillar to do, although only around Giyuu was it seen most frequently. Sanemi kissed Giyuu on the forehead before burying his face in Giyuu's hair. His scent calmed him immensely, especially when he was stressed or angry. Surprisingly, the other Hashira were quite dense when the pair gave hints that they were dating. Sanemi even did bolder moves that would be unusual for him to do with anyone else like putting his arm around Giyuu or ruffling his hair from time to time. He even gave an obvious hint by placing his head on Giyuu's shoulder when he was reading a letter addressed to the two. Rengoku figured it out rather quickly because he noticed how different Sanemi acted around Giyuu, not as loud or noisy, more affectionate per se, and using less vulgar or hurtful insults. That was the least of the couple's worries though. For now, Sanemi was just enjoying the feeling of having his partner in his arms knowing that he was safe.

•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•♪•
Heyo everyone! This did feel a bit cringe to write at first but I hope it meets your expectations! I will try and think of something to go for the second part of Stunning Ocean Eyes. For now, it might just be one-shots and headcanons! I hope you did enjoy reading and let me know if you have any tips. Also, your kind comments are greatly appreciated so thank you! Have a good day/night/afternoon/etc. and remember to hydrate and eat!

Goodbye my little peeps~

Word count: 1324

Edit 10/9/2022: This is the revised version of the second chapter and is the final draft for the chapter.