•♪Maybe that's why we're so alike♪•

'Heyo! I apologize that I've not been updating but school has been a real pain in the ass and it's very stressful at times. However, I will try to get more updates out when I can and hopefully work on some once I get time. This one will be longer than the others but I'm just happy I was able to update regardless if it took a while! Also, a quick warning, there will be mentions of things from Giyuu and Sanemi's past(dead siblings, friends, etc.).'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They weren't alike, were they?

One was stoic and calm, never openly conveying any feelings.

And the other being rude, standoffish, and cold.

The two never considered themselves to be alike, but perhaps they were more alike than they thought. It only dawned on them once they started listing their supposed similarities in their heads. Not for anything in particular. Just out of pure curiosity.

They'd both lost family and a dear friend that they were close to.

Both of them suppressed their feelings, the only difference being in how they projected themselves to others.

Sure there were obvious differences when it came to looks and personalities, but that's what they counted on. They didn't want people to be able to recognize their weaknesses and what they tried so desperately to suppress. But when a similarity starts to dawn on one, that thought won't be let go so easily.

The men were both in a line of work where you had the possibility of being killed the next mission you were sent on. But perhaps they were glad such things kept them on their toes and guarded. It helped to not get distracted as easily as a normal human. But, that doesn't mean emotions were completely out of the question. They were still there. Built-up anger, guilt, and sadness that had never gotten the chance to be expressed or resolved properly.

One's thoughts may be more intrusive than the others, but they still have their similarities.

Tomioka Giyuu and Shinazugawa Sanemi.

The two had a simple relationship with each other.

Sanemi hated Giyuu with all of his being, while Giyuu was just simply trying to get along with him, even if Sanemi would yell.

It was a simple understanding, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.

It was at least five or six in the morning when he jolted awake. His hair was disheveled, not too out of the ordinary. But he was breathing heavily. That nightmare kept coming back to him no matter what. Always plaguing his thoughts and interrupting his sleep. He was sick of it truth be told. Although sleep is one of the least of the many things the Hashiras worries are about, it was still important.

Giyuu had been getting less and less sleep every passing week. At this point, it was becoming unbearable.

Giyuu sighs as he looks out the window in his bedroom as he sits up from his futon. It's still dark out, so he suspects it's early morning, not feeling the urge to go look at a clock. He puts a hand to his chest and closes his eyes, trying to quell his heavy breathing. After about probably thirty minutes, Giyuu gets up from his futon, adjusting his yukata before he left his room.

He quietly walks around his estate, everything cold and silent. He looks at his kitchen as he walks past to head outside to his garden. After pondering for a bit, he collectively decides that he'll eat something later when he's hungrier. That's when he also decides to just shower and change while he's up since there's no use trying to go back to sleep. He heads to his room and grabs his uniform and haori, taking them into the bathroom along with his towel.