.1. ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʀɪʟᴇ ʜɪᴍ ᴜᴘ

This year's Halloween could have been all fun and games were it not for the fact that the council had just kicked Taehyung out of the tech team for using the company credit card to purchase a new state-of-the-art cauldron on the popular online auction website for paranormal items he was supposed to monitor only, Dark Bay. "It was an honest mistake," he'd tried to argue, putting forth the fact that Namjoon and his last name were the same. Naturally, no one bought it.

Which explains why he finds himself patrolling the busy streets of Namdaemun market alongside the worst teammate ever, i.e. cockiest vampire around, namely Jeon Jungkook.

It comes as no surprise that the feeling is mutual for Jungkook cannot, for the eternal life of him, figure out why everyone is head over heels for the witch whose potions taste awful and who — for some reason — is immune to the charms of his polished canines.

"I can tell you're salty about the demotion," he states, "but a little field experience would do you good. You've been growing pale, staring at those screens all day."

Taehyung scoffs. "Pale? Me? As if you didn't look cadaverous yourself."

"There's nothing I can do about my complexion, Chiyoko dearest. You, on the other hand..."

"What did you just call me?"

The sigh Jungkook lets out is purposely loud. "I could call you Hermione but you don't strike me as one."

"One what?"

"Smart witch."

"Ha-ha. Test my patience once more and I shall no longer be held responsible for the spells that fly out of my wand."

"I'd love to see you try and transform me into a pest," Jungkook laughs, unconcerned by the fact that his pointy dentition is now on full display.

Taehyung's cue to take a shot at roasting. "You must be looking forward to Halloween every year since it's the only night you can show off your teeth."

"They're called fangs, Melusine."

"Melu-what-now?"

"Wow. Your cluelessness about cute witches in contemporary culture is alarming."

Taehyung huffs. "I have a name, bloodsucker."

"So do I, broom-rider."

Said broom-rider scoffs at the nickname, trying to discard the fact that the dark-haired vampire had just convolutedly labelled him cute. Besides, he doesn't even ride a broom. Hasn't in ages. He is just about the set the record straight when a loud call echoes in the busy street behind them.

"Tae baby! What are you doing here?"

The Tae in question cringes. He hates nicknames. All of them. Especially when uttered by clingy suitors like the one walking over with a funny grin on his face.

The bantering vampire whispers a warning. "I know you're head over heels for your boyfriend, but make sure to keep the swooning to a minimum. I don't want my fangs rotting over excess gooeyness."

"He's not my boy-" Taehyung barely manages to retort before feeling an unwarranted hand snake around his waist. "Hey!" he tries to protest.

The owner of the sly mitt pretends not to notice. "So? Aren't you going to introduce me?"

Ugh. Why did Taehyung agree to that blind date six months ago? Sure, Jaewon would make a decent boyfriend, were it not for his rather disturbing obsession with Taehyung's bare legs. Needless to say, Jungkook loves watching the witch's face fall every time he mentions, 'the kinky schmuck'.

Taehyung almost introduces him as such to the smirking vampire but catches himself on time.

The schmuck is impressed. "Nice teeth you got there."

"They're called fangs," the duo says in unison before glancing at each other, unsure what just happened.

"OK. Fine," Jaewon grumbles. He looks annoyed now. "Babe, did you forget what day it is today?"

Tae crosses his arms, equally pissed. "No, I did not. Why?"

"Did we not agree on a costume for you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Taehyung's uneasiness, however, says otherwise.

"We picked a cute outfit online, remember? The sexy witch one, with the short skirt and all the frills?"

The image does ring a bell and makes Taehyung gag. "If I recall correctly, I told you how inaccurate it was and how I'd ghost your ass if you kept trying to get me to wear a skirt."

"Well, you can't show up at the party without a costume so, what did you have in mind?"

Jungkook, who is doing a poor job at containing his giggles, perks up. "Party?"

Jaewon still doesn't know the nature of the relationship between his 'baby' and this Jungkook, but the guy does have choppers to die for. "You could bring your friend here, I guess, as long as he wears a cape or something."

Jungkook chuckles. "Am I to understand we're not going for authenticity then?"

The schmuck might have replied, were it not for his ringtone suddenly ripping everyone's ears out. He babbles an excuse that barely makes sense — something about having to pick up some special item for the after party or whatnot — before answering the call and vamoosing into a strangely empty and poorly lit alley.

Wiping a tear of hilarity, Jungkook offers Taehyung his help to get rid of him. To his surprise, the witch pulls a long board out of his magic satchel and places if on the floor. The board, however, doesn't touch the ground but floats above it gracefully. Yet no one seems to notice. Granted, a hover board is nowadays a lot less conspicuous than an actual flying broomstick. "I think we should follow him," Taehyung utters, eyes squinting to spot Jaewon's silhouette disappearing in the darkness.

"You finally got rid of him. Why would you go after that jerk?"

"We are here on a mission, remember?"

The laugh that ensues is anything but subtle. "How naive of you to believe this is a serious mission! The guys back at HQ just wanted to work in peace. That's all."

"I've monitored Dark Bay for months. I know real artifacts are being traded as we speak."

"Except they gave us nothing to go on."

"Which is why we might as well follow him. We have don't have anything better to do anyway."

"We could always try and find that frilly skirt—"

That earns Jungkook a dig in the ribs, but watching the pink hues blossoming on Taehyung's face makes his cheekiness worth it.

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free. One way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡