EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

"Louis, over here!"

"Louis!"

"Louis, is it true Harry proposed?"

"Louis!"

"Louis, how do you respond to the rumours Harry has a woman on the side?"

"Louis, look this way!

Louis ducked his face against the blinding flashes of the paparazzi cameras, ignoring their rude attempts to getting a reaction from him and headed straight for the black SUV that was waiting for him at the curb. The new bodyguard that Harry had hired for Louis blocked the worst of the paps from pressing in too close as he climbed into the car, slamming the door closed behind him.

"Rough day at the office?" Harry joked, reaching out to pull Louis close, safe behind the tinted car windows as the SUV pulled away into traffic.

"Mmm, much better now," Louis murmured against Harry's mouth before he kissed him softly.

Harry made a happy sound in the back of his throat, deepening the kiss. Louis hummed in surprise as Harry pressed closer, caught off guard by his enthusiasm. Usually after a long day of being in the public eye Harry was all but useless, slow and pliant and content to do nothing more than cuddle. Today had been a very long day, for both of them - Louis had only just landed after a final day of full meetings in New York, and he knew that Harry had likewise been run into the ground with rehearsals for his upcoming tour.

Both of their careers had skyrocketed since they had come out as a couple six months ago, Harry firing his old PR team and hiring a new set of people led by a woman named Elise, who joked that she had the easiest job in the world. It turned out that instead of being popstar suicide for Harry to come out as gay, the public had lost their minds over the fact that he was dating well-loved 'socialite' Louis (who still laughed over the title). For reasons Louis still couldn't understand, Harry's album sales went through the roof, and even Louis himself was in constant high demand for the strangest things - like starting his own clothing line, for example.

The media frenzy that surrounded them wherever they went, whether together or separately, was exhausting but well worth it if they could be together - especially with the way Harry was pushing him down on the back seat of the van.

"What's got into you?" Louis smiled against Harry's mouth, certainly not complaining as he threaded his fingers through Harry's hair and breathed him in deeply.

Fuck, he had missed him while he had been in New York and Harry was here in L.A., even if he had only been gone for two days. Louis had been setting up a number of potential business opportunities that Eleanor had encouraged him to look at, but he'd only had a short window to do so before he went on tour with Harry.

They were both very much looking forward to that. The thought of being able to spend that much time in Harry's company was dizzying.

"Just glad to see you." Harry buried his face into Louis' neck, brushing his lips against the soft skin at the base of his throat.

Louis' breath hitched, his cock becoming very interested in the proceedings.

"Don't start something you can't finish, Haz," he warned, remembering the time they had nearly been late to their taping of The Ellen Show because Harry hadn't been able to keep his hands to himself in the car ride over to the studio. Louis hadn't been able to look their driver in the eye for weeks afterwards.

Although he was fully prepared to make that sacrifice again if that was what Harry wanted.

Instead Harry pulled back with a regretful sigh, allowing them to both straighten up in their car seats.