Chapter 26

You woke in the arms of Mycroft, his face was nuzzled under your neck, his lips and moustache slightly resting against your skin. It was very peaceful with your husband laying next to you like a warm blanket. Closing your eyes you remembered last night and wondered if you would get pregnant. You were torn on this, some ways you wanted a child but again if Mycroft treated her like Enola. You wondered what was happening with her, if she was safe and if she had escaped.

You were taken from your thoughts by Mycroft moving slightly, his fingers twitched against your waist and moved closer to you like he did not want to let you go. "Good morning Mr Holmes" you said quietly.

"Good morning Ms Holmes" he said quietly.

"Is there anything planned today?" you asked, moving your hands to his hair and stroking it slightly.

"Nothing" he said.

"May we then spend the day together?" you asked, wishing to spend some time with your husband who is usually away.

"If you wish, darling" he said, starting to get up. "Breakfast and then a walk?" he suggested.

"That would be wonderful" you said, getting up and stretching slightly. Mycroft nodded in response, getting dressed into his usual suit.

It didn't take long for the both of you to be ready and link arms as you left the house toward the centre of London to a busy restaurant. Mycroft guided you in and with the sound of his name the both of you were led to a quiet part of the restaurant which had a beautiful view of the River Thames.

The service was quick, but that might have been due to the illustrious name of Mycroft Holmes, eggs, bacon, different types of fish, tea, black pudding and other full English breakfast dishes were placed in front of you both. The food was as good as it smelt, you talked with Mycroft about different subjects, mostly about family and the new books which were being released.

When you had both finished, Mycroft paid and together you walked out of the restaurant and down the street toward a park. It was a lovely day, the sun shining down on you both and the sky blue. You were suddenly pulled into a shop, something had caught Mycroft's eye. It was a book shop and Mycroft picked up the book which had caught his eye. 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' He flicked at the pages and placed them in your hands. You looked at the book, seemingly an American fantasy as Mycroft picked up one more book and walked toward the counter, placing it down.

"(y/n)" he called. You looked up and quickly walked to be at his side. He paid for the books and placed them in his coat before leading you out toward the park.

Together you walked through the park, past the other walkers and gardeners. You did not talk, enjoying each other's company as you walked together past the beautifully crafted hedges and the bright flowers.

"Is there any news about your mother?" you asked, breaking the comfortable silence between you. Mycroft made an odd face and looked at you out of the corner of his eyes.

"Sherlock is searching for her" Mycroft said. "London is not too big, I am sure he will find her at some point"

You nodded. "I can tell you are worried about her" you said quietly. You did not want to push buttons but your husband never talked about his feelings.

"I trust that she is safe" he said. "Wherever she is at this moment. Probably hiding with some of her friends." he sneered slightly, "I wish she would act like a proper woman of her status and age, she should be at home, living her final years in dignity" he slightly gritted his teeth. "I should have set my will earlier onto Enola, or she would not have turned out as she has" Mycroft frowned, looking up at the sky. "But she will thrive at Miss Harrison's school I am sure"

"I hope so also" you said.

"If only Enola was more like you" he said.

"Like me?" you enquired, cocking your head slightly.

"Yes" Mycroft said. "If she joins us for Christmas you could teach her some more"

"I would be happy to" you said, smiling.

Together you sat on a bench and sat in silence again, watching the plants and people. It was calm and beautiful, and you felt Mycroft's hand move to be next to yours, his pinky finger resting over yours. You smiled slightly at Mycroft's slight expression of love which would not be seen by the people walking past.

"Beautiful day isn't it" you said, leaning closer to Mycroft.

"You are right" he said. You both fell into silence until "(y/n) dearest, I have dinner with the Queen next week and she wishes to met you"

You sat in silence for a few moments, you were in slight shock. The Queen. The Queen of the United Kingdom, Empress of India, Queen Canada, Queen of Australia, Queen of New Zealand, Head of the Commonwealth.

"I did not know you were in such a position to know the Queen" you stuttered out.

Mycroft chuckled. "My darling I hold a high position in Government, did you not know this?"

"I didn't know it was that high" you said.

Mycroft chuckled, shaking his head at you.

"You have never told me the details of your job" you said in defence

"No I did not" Mycroft said. "I work for the government and the Queen" he said. "And that is all you darling need to know. Now I need an answer if you will be joining me next week."

"Yes" you said quickly, grinning slightly.

"Good girl" he said. "The Queen has expressed for a while that she wanted to meet my wife" Mycroft smiled, placing his hat on his head which had been resting next to him on the bench. "Now home" He stood and you did also, walking with him out of the park and down another street toward home. You were still slightly in shock about being invited for dinner with the Queen, Mycroft seemed amused by your shock and a smile still played on his face as you reached the doorway, he opened it to a servant, a newspaper in his hand