Chapter 13

You woke to raised voices. Confused you get up and follow the voices to Eudoria's room. Mycroft held the leather book in his hand and was angrily staring at his mother.

"How dare you taint her" he says with anger. "How dare you try to take (y/n) from me"

"She isn't yours," Eudoria said.

"My law she is." he spat. "You gave her this, this filth." he threw the book into the grate "This is my house. I am allowing you to stay here under my blessing alone." he said walking forwards to his mother "You had better stop this nonsense and teach Enola how to be a proper lady" . You smelt burning pages and Mycroft turned on his heel and saw you. Elona has appeared next to you, she was confused.

"Elona stop staring" he shouts. "This is no concern of yours'' he looked at you. "We are leaving" he said. "and we are never returning."

"Wait Mycroft" you say. "Stop this"

"I made up my mind" he shouts. Taken aback by his anger, following behind him to your room. On the desk lay another copy of the book. You smirk and shove it into your bag.

You were sad the visit was short-lived and you sat on the train. Mycroft was still seething and put his pipe deeply.

"I don't understand why I shouldn't throw them out of that house" he suddenly said. "she asked to raise Enola until she is 16. She is almost 16. She seems to have no education nor knows how to act like a young lady."

You stay silent.

"I planned for this house to be mine and yours in the future. But it is occupied by my dear mother. Three years to wait and then Enola may be able to sent to a finishing school and then I can be rid of her"

"Where will your mother go then?" you ask.

"someplace for women who have lost their husbands and need support."

You look at him slyly. "Would you do that to me?"

He looked up at you "No. No. Of course not" he said standing and sitting next to you. "You are much more important to me"

You look raised your eyebrows at him

"And my mother is a mere nuisance but you are far more important to me. She gave me up years ago. But when we arrive back in London we can put this whole dastardly thing behind us. Hm?"

You nod and smile at him. "Yes of course"