Chapter 4: An Unusual Message

Next morning, Tom went down to the Great Hall for breakfast, with mind full of thoughts (on Hadrian), knowing full well that they are not going to end until he solves the mystery.

He went and sat at his usual seat at the end of the Slytherin table, eating a small amount of food (damn the orphanage!). The Great Hall was full with the chattering of the students, the lazy ones completing their summer holiday homework (seriously!?!?). The atmosphere was that of joy. Even Tom couldn't stop feeling content. 'Atlast I'm home.'

The owls bringing the posts had arrived. It was a beautiful sight. Suddenly, the serene scene ended. There was a loud gasp from somewhere. It started like a chain reaction. There were gasps of horror and yells from everywhere in the Great Hall.

Tom, who hadn't started reading the newspaper, opened it to see what's the deal. 'Oh Merlin', he thought. He understood their actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BREAKING NEWS!!

Murder at the DOM in MACUSA

A horrific incident had occurred at the Department of Mysteries at the MACUSA. Two members of the House of the Selwyns- Lord Lucas Selwyn and his wife Lady Caroline Selwyn were murdered last night at the DOM.

Their bodies were found at 7 a.m. by one of the Unspeakables. He then called the aurors. The President of the MACUSA was also present when the questioning began. No clues were found at the crime scene. Aurors had done an extensive search- even a magical signature test- but no results were found. The working members of the MACUSA are scared to even enter the ministry, fearing they could be the next target.

The research project of the Selwyns seems to be the reason behind their murder - official statements haven't been passed yet. This project was the top secret in the department. Even with the help of the Unspeakables, the aurors had to spend 3 hours to disable the wards around the workspace of the Selwyns.
What they found confused and scared the rest of the Department.
This secret project was a study on the former Dark Lord Grindelwald's wand.

Grindelwald's wand was lost after his defeat by the hands of the late Lord James Peverell. Many people suspected that the Death Eaters were the ones who stole the wand to honor the Dark Lord.
It seems that the rumors were false. The Selwyns had no affliction with the Dark Lord. The aurors are working finding on the reasons for Grindelwald's wand being in the DOM and the reason for their murder.

Though a very unusual message was found at the place where the wand was stored. The message read as: " The Change will happen soon. Our Lord will rise. Even Death will not stop us."
This message frightened majority of the workers.
What is the message speaking about? What Change? Which Lord? Is it Lord Grindelwald once again or someone new? Who are we facing? Why won't death stop them?
These are the questions running in everyone's mind after reading the message.

We, at the Daily Prophet, hope that the aurors will reach the bottom of this case and will relive our minds from the frightening message.

~Natasha Evans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaos.

That was what followed after the papers were read by everyone. Many theories were spread around in a matter of seconds.

Dippet stood up and yelled (he used a silencio), " Silence !!" .

A tense silence followed.

Everyone was waiting with bated breath to hear what the Headmaster of Hogwarts will say.

Tom noticed that Dumbledore looked suspiciously pale behind Dippet. 'Curious'