Chapter 60: A Traitor's Story

Gabrielle and Ginny were standing in front of a rather lovely mansion.

Though the building was tiny compared to the Peverell Manor, or even both their homes for that matter, it was good.

The building was white and golden from outside. In the garden, an orange cat was roaming around, sometimes clawing at the insects near it.

Yet, the mansion's loveliness wasn't going to help the people inside it today.

Samuel Williams and Dena Williams (née Abbott) lived inside, along with their daughter, Jenny Williams.

Now here's the funny thing about them. All of them were Light Wizards. The parents were 'Light supremacists', who worshipped the ground Dumbledore walked on.

The mother, Dena, was the second daughter to Florence Abbott, who was the brother to the current Lord Abbott. The man was almost disowned from the family, for nearly killing his older brother, who had just graduated from Hogwarts and was going to study Dark Arts for his Masters.
(Does anyone smell 'Dumbledore' here?)

Still, Florence did not change, and brought up his daughter to believe the same.

So Dena grew up hating Dark Wizards.

Then she met Samuel. He was a Muggleborn wizard with lovely parents. They had accepted their son as he was, without any prejudices.

It was Dumbledore who had introduced Sam, as he likes to call himself, to the wonders of the magical world. Since then, he has had a sort of bond with the man. Like an uncle and nephew (at least that is what Sam believed). The man would give him extra points, would console him whenever the Slytherins bullied him and was generally good natured. For Sam, Dumbledore was a hero.

So, Jenny grew up on the tales of the greatness of Albus Dumbledore.

Though she respected the old man, sometimes, she got bored of hearing his praises.

Honestly, her parents were nice people, but they absolutely hated anything to do with Dark Magic.

So naturally, they were furious when she had introduced them to her girlfriend, who was a dark wizard.

Now, Jenny herself was not interested in Dark Arts. At least, at first.

But when she met Amara, everything changed. She was more open to the concept of Dark magic. Amara had graduated from Ilvermony, and they had met each other in Australia.

Her parents absolutely hated Amara, which had caused a rift in their family.

Jenny, in all her righteous anger, had left them and started to live with her girlfriend in New York.

It was then, she got to know about Hadrian Peverell.

She had heard of him before, but he was like a fictional character for her. The child of the savior, who will continue his father's work and fight alongside Albus Dumbledore against the evil wizards. A hero.

Amara and Hadrian were in the same year, so they had known each other. Her girlfriend had a meeting with him about something, so Jenny had tagged along.

Her fictional idea of him had shattered when she got to know about his true nature.

The man was a Dark Wizard.

A future Dark Lord.

Jenny would've laughed at it, thinking of it as a joke, if it weren't for the piercing sharp green eyes staring at her.

Though she had felt a bit betrayed by her girlfriend, she could not blame her.
After all, Jenny was a Light witch whose parents supported Dumbledore.