Chapter 31: First Member

Coming back to Hogwarts was weird after yesterday's (or tonight's) events. Travelling back in time was weirder.
'Merlin! My past self is going to kill Umbridge in the next few hours.'

As soon as they entered the room, Harry asked a house-elf to bring snacks for them and they sat in his quarters till dinner time. They talked about different magical theories and Harry started to teach him about House duties and business management.

When they entered the Great Hall together, everyone was looking at them, clearly knowing that the two of them spent the time with each other.
'Give us a break people', he thought, scowling in the direction of the students who were pointing at him.

When he sat at his usual place at the Table, after a few minutes, someone sat in front of him.

Theodore Nott.

He was in the same year as Tom, and was a bookworm. He was the only person Tom had seen, besides Harry, who always carried a book with himself.

The boy wasn't one of Malfoy's goons and he actually had never bullied Tom, verbally or physically. But they weren't friends.

The two of them had talked sometimes in the library or whenever they had partnered up during classes.

But they weren't friends.

"Riddle." The other boy greeted.

"Nott. How can I help you?"

"Oh, I don't want anything." He said simply.

Tom stared at the boy. Why was he here th-

"You want to be a Court member, don't you?"

"Somewhat."

"What do you mean 'somewhat'? You did not want to associate with me before."

Nott sighed and said, "How could I? Malfoy practically ruled Slytherin. My father is a pureblood supremacist. If anyone ever saw me talking to you, well, the results wouldn't have been pretty."

Ah yes, he had heard about how pureblood parents treated their children if they misbehaved.
"Why now then?"

"Honestly, there are many reasons. You're the Slytherin Prince. You're Lord Slytherin. You're the future Mr. Peverell. If my father gets to know about this, I can give him many reasons."

His ears turned slightly pink at the 'future Mr. Peverell'.

"Ah. Yes. But why should I associate with you?" He challenged the boy.

Here, the boy smirked and said, "Because you need the help of a Slytherin to further yourself in Slytherin House politics. Professor Peverell may guide you in politics, but even he does not have much influence in the British pureblood Dark houses. And, I know the perfect people who will help you in your journey, without stabbing your back."

Tom knew he had to build a reputation for himself. Harry was a helping factor, his reputation will not help in the Slytherin House. These are stuck-up pureblood supremacists and semi-openly dark. And Harry is a halfblood and a closet Dark Lord. Plus, many of the dark families hold a grudge against James Peverell, the Light's Hero, Gryffindor.

Begrudgingly, he said, "Very well, I'll think about it."

Nott raised an eyebrow but conceded.

And then followed him in every class the next day.

For being a bookworm, the boy talked a lot. Making jokes in between classes, discreetly pranking students, teasing him in Harry's class. The boy did everything.