Chapter 76: Work

A few days before the Yule holidays, Harry asked the Slytherin Court to meet him in his office after the curfew. 

"So, what's wrong?" Astoria asked. 

They were all sitting in his living room, the children looking concerned and a bit cautious. 

"Nothing's wrong, Astoria. I've called you all because I have a task for you." He said, looking at them seriously.  

They all looked at each other but kept silent. 

"First, I want to know whether you're all going to be at Hogwarts during the Yule holidays?" He asked. 

"No, I guess." Theo said, looking at his friends. Barty and Evan nodded along with him. 

"Not decided." Daphne said and the rest of them repeated or agreed with her words. 

"Yes. It depends on our parents, I mean." Rodolphus said. 

"Can you tell them that you're not going?" Harry asked, looking at Theo, Evan and Orion.

"Yes, maybe." The students replied.

"Hmm. Try to convince them that you're not going home." He said. 

"Alright, we can do that. But why?" Tracey asked. 

"I'm getting to it. I have a task for you all, and it will take almost a week. The upcoming holidays will be the perfect time to do it." 

Once again, they all looked at each other, before silently nodding, this time with resolution. 

"Good. I want you all to block the fireplaces in the common rooms. I'll do the ones inside the teachers quarters. And if possible, if you think that some student has any means of communication outside the castle, steal it." 

They all looked surprised at that. 

"Do we have any time limit for it, sir?" Barty asked. 

"Yes, Barty. A week. That's all you have. Most of you are Slytherins, do it together after the curfew, and it will take hardly two hours. As for the rest of the Houses, split in three groups. It will take four-five hours to lay that ward, so do it at night. At the end of the week, I'll personally check the wards and tie them to myself. Make sure that they're strong and stable." He commanded. 

"Yes, sir." The students replied. 

_________________________________________ 

After putting the wards around the fireplace in the Slytherin Common Room, they all slumped into the couches. 

"Merlin, this is so hard!" Evan complained. 

"I know, Evan, that's why I did not take Warding as a subject when the tutors asked me." Orion said. 

"Ahh! And we have three more floos to do!" Blaise said. 

"I know, but we need to do this. Astoria, Evan, Rabastan, you'll all do the Hufflepuff a day after tomorrow. Next day, Barty, Tracey, Daphne, you'll do the Ravenclaw one. Those two will be the easiest ones to get into. Gryffindor, getting the password will be a problem. We will all work on getting it. Once we do, Rodolphus, Blaise and I will do that one. Get it?" Theo said. 

"Yes, Heir Nott." The Lestrange twins said with a bow, as the rest of them laughed at the twins and clapped at Theo. 

_________________________________________ 

Graham and Adrian were sitting in a Muggle bar club with Hadrian and two red headed, identical men. 

The Dark Lord had told them that they had some task to do, so they were waiting for him to talk further as they had their drinks.