One

12:21 am.

Jimin sighed as she read the time. She sat up in her bed and rested against the headboard, sighing. She shut her eyes tightly and groaned into her palms, extremely frustrated. She let out a big breath as she got out of her bed and entered her closet.

She grabbed a sweatshirt, her favorite sweatshirt to be exact, and put it on. She approached her window and unlocked it. Jimin sighed as she felt the midnight breeze enter her room and hit her face.

She carefully climbed out the window and onto part of the roof. Jimin then climbed up slowly to the top of the roof and sat up straight. She closed her eyes as she lifted her arms, feeling all her worries drifting away in an instance.

The roof is where Jimin goes to escape the troubles she goes through in her life. It's her safe spot that's reserved for her only, no one else knows about her rooftop time.

Jimin looked up and smiled instantly at the sight of a thousand stars. She felt relaxed and at peace at her current setting.

This. This is how you live, Jimin thought.

The teenage girl groaned as she heard her alarm blaring in her ears. It was such an annoying sound and she was this close to chucking her phone at wall but, she would've regretted it instantly.

Jimin left the rooftop after spending about thirty minutes just soaking up the moonlight. She always has the best sleep after going on the roof. It completes her night.

She got out of bed, grumbling, as she began to get dressed for the day. She threw on a crop top with leggings and a flannel wrapped around her waist. She brushed out her ash brown hair and put on light makeup. She packed her backpack with her books and made her bed.

She went downstairs to see her mom finishing up breakfast and her big sister sitting at the dining table on her phone.

"Good morning," Jimin sighed and as she sat down across from her sister and placed her bag against the chair.

"Morning, honey," Her mom called out, "Breakfast is almost ready. I made pancakes."

"Smells good," Jimin commented as she took a deep breath.

"I'm so tired..."

"Jeongyeon, that's why you shouldn't facetime Nayeon all night," Jimin rolled her eyes, receiving a whine from her sister.

Jeongyeon is her older sister by one year. She's a senior in high school while Jimin is a junior. She's currently dating Im Nayeon, who is the head cheerleader.

"Well, maybe you should get your ass out from my personal business," Jeongyeon fired back.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, behave," Her mom said which earned a groan from Jeongyeon herself. Jimin giggled before she heard noise coming from next door. She stood up, curious, and looked through the window. She saw a moving truck parked outside the house next door. She furrowed her eyebrows at the sight.

"I never knew they sold the house next door," Jimin said as she turned around, "Someone's moving in today."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you," Her mom said as she placed pancakes on the table, "I met the family the other day. It's a mom, a dad, a girl that's around your age, and a girl around Jeongyeon's age."