Nine

Mornings.

Jimin still despised mornings.

But, maybe just a little less now.

Jimin lifted her head and furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to recall what happened the night before. She looked down and saw her open notebook and textbook with pencils and pens scattered all over her bed.

Jimin groaned as she realized she fell asleep while doing her homework. She sighed as she gathered her stuff and lazily packed it in her folders and binders before stuffing it in her backpack. She got up and got a good look of herself in the mirror.

Her hair was barely in a messy bun, her makeup was smudged and she had a drool mark on the side of her lip.

She rolled her eyes as she waltzed to the bathroom to wash her face. Jimin never bothers with makeup and couldn't care less about what her hair looks like. She decided to fix her messy bun and just go with that.

She walked back into her room and thrown on a cropped shirt with sweatpants. She shoved her stuff into her backpack and went downstairs to see Jeongyeon finishing up packing her bag.

The latter perked up at the sight of Jimin walking down the steps.

"Good morning," She breathed out.

"Morning."

"Jimin!" Their mom called out from the kitchen. Jimin turned her head and walked towards her.

"Hi, mom," Jimin pursed her lips.

"Hey," Her mom smiled, "Are you hungry? Do you want breakfast?"

"No, I'm gonna leave just about now," Jimin said as she checked the time, "Meeting with Minjeong at the bus stop."

"Minjeong?" She raised an eyebrow, "I thought you weren't too fond of her?"

"Mom, didn't you hear?" Jeongyeon interfered, "They're friends now."

"Friends?!" Jimin winced at her mom's reaction whilst Jeongyeon snorted as she grabbed a banana from the table.

"Jimin! You made your first friend since-"

"Yes, I know, it's a miracle," Jimin rolled her eyes, "I really need to get going now."

"Alright," Mom wiped her hands before walking over to Jimin to pinch her cheek, which the latter squirmed and slapped her hand away, "Have a good day."

"Hmph," Jimin muttered before grabbing an apple from the bowl on the table and walking away.

She walked to the foyer and grabbed a pair of worn-out sneakers and laced them up. Jimin walked out and saw Jeongyeon unlocking her car. The latter perked up at the sound of the front door closing.

"Minjeong just walked over to the bus stop," Jeongyeon said as she nodded towards her.

Jimin looked over and saw Minjeong standing at the bus stop on her phone. She was wearing a tank with mom jeans and a cardigan keeping her warm. Her blonde hair was curled and up into a ponytail. She had her Airpods in her ears.

Jimin nodded as she began walking, "See you, Jeong."

"Don't fight anyone today," Jeongyeon raised and eyebrow as she opened the car door.

"No promises!" Jimin called out, not bothering to look back. She chuckled as she shook her head.

As she began to walk closer to Minjeong, the latter saw Jimin's shadow getting bigger and bigger and turned around. As she turned around, her neutral face transitioned into the happiest expression in just a millisecond.