Chapter 7: Locked In The Shed

So, while playing hide and seek with Alpha (What? We were bored!) I got stuck in the weapons shed. I don't really know how it happened, but it did. I was hiding in the weapons shed, behind a stack of shields. It was dark and quiet, sort of peaceful compared to the bustling and buzzing of the rest of the camp. I sat and waited, getting the familiar sense of nervousness that Alpha would pop up and get me any minute. Then I heard footsteps coming towards the shed. I knew it was Alpha and not another camper because instead of coming right to the door, I heard the person scouting around the shed. I heard him walk around the shed slowly, and Alpha looked through the small grimy window that provided the only source of light. He walked around to the front of the shed, and pulled on the door. It didn't open.

Alpha pounded on the door. "Um, Omega are you in there?" I didn't answer because that would give my hiding place away. "Really, Omega? Um, I can't open the door, I think it's stuck." Yeah, nice try, I thought. "Omega I'm 100% serious!" Alpha screamed. I heard him rattle the door. "Whatever," he said, "If you're in there, good luck getting out." I heard his footsteps get farther away.

When I was pretty sure he was gone, I got out from my hiding place and checked to see if the door was really stuck. And it was. I rattled the door, shook it, tried everything to open it. But it didn't budge. I ran up against it, but when I was pretty sure I bruised my shoulder enough, I stopped to call for help. "Hello?" I called to anyone that could possibly hear. "I'm stuck in here," I yelled, "Anybody there?" I didn't hear any answers. I felt like an idiot. The great Commander Omega, stuck inside a small stupid weapons shed. I sat down on the floor, giving up.

I was starting to get really tired. I hadn't gotten much sleep ever since we got to camp, its like my nightmares are stronger here. They're more graphic and feel real, making me stay up for hours at night, afraid of falling asleep. Plus, having a war coming up didn't make falling asleep any easier. Usually I get out my bed and grab a snack from the fridge in our common area. I remember a couple of nights ago, I was sitting on the couch eating some potato chips, and Vines (Castor) came out his room and saw me. He sat down on the couch with me, and we talked about the small insignificant changes to the camp. Like how Travis was dating Katie, and how the Hades cabin was now a gray color, not black. I was really tired at the time, and I still am. So I closed my eyes, and even though I really didn't want to, I fell asleep slumped against the stack of shields I was hiding behind before.

—--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------―

I woke up with Annabeth's face in front of mine. I jumped up in surprise, and knocked over a couple of shields. "Woah!" Annabeth yelled, "Calm down!" I stood up, and backed away from her. "What happened?" I asked her. "I don't know," she answered, "I was walking here to get something, and there was a crowbar stuck in the handles. I was curious so I came in, and I just found you here. Why exactly were you asleep in here?" I growled in my head, Alpha! I was going to murder him for locking me in here, but it was a clever prank. I wondered why Annabeth and I kept meeting in odd situations or getting put together in them. It makes me think that the Fates really hate me. They probably do.

"Well you see," I explained sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck, "Alpha and I were playing hide and seek, and I hid in here, but the door was jammed so I couldn't get out." I smiled innocently. She looked at me with a weird face, like she was trying to figure me out. After a minute, it got uncomfortable because she was still staring at me like that. "Um," I said waving my hand in front of her face, "Hello?" She looked at me again, but this time not with that look. "Sorry," she said, "You just remind me of someone." Fearful that she might say Percy, I said, "Well I have to go kill Alpha for locking me in here, so see you around." I walked out before she could say anything else and ran to the Chaos cabin.

I threw open the door and stomped in. "Dude!" I exclaimed seeing Alpha lounging on the couch. He looked up at me and smiled. "I was stuck in there for two hours!" He laughed and said, "Well, I decided to get you back for making me clean up that mess two nights ago." I walked over to him angrily, but I just laughed and sat down next to him. "Well, it was a very clever plan," I admitted. I laughed and pushed him off the couch while saying, "Ugh, you're so annoying, Alpha." 

I decided to make all of the Chaos soldiers, including me, go to dinner that night with everyone else. We always just make one of us go get pizza or burgers or something from the enchanted plates, and then have them bring it back. But tonight I wanted us to go. I don't know why, but if we were fighting a war together, then maybe we should eat dinner together. So, with a lot of complaints, we walked outside and headed towards the dining pavilion.

I walked in front, with Alpha next to me, and the others behind. Tonight, the air was warm, a cool breeze blowing every so often, making my cloak ripple. I breathed in the fresh air, thinking that tonight was the perfect summer night. Maybe we should stay for the campfire, too. As we neared the pavilion, I realized something. The soldiers didn't have their own table. Then I felt pretty stupid. Where were we supposed to sit? I elbowed Alpha and told him under my breath. He then told the rest of the soldiers, and Huntress' (Bianca's) face lit up.

"Can we sit with Nico?" she asked, "He always has to sit alone, and I hate it." I nodded to give my approval and we headed over there. Huntress asked Nico if we could sit at his empty table with him, and his face beamed, realizing it was her. He let us sit there, of course. The dinner that I had was great. I had a hot dog with ketchup, some chips, and a milk shake. It was the perfect summer dinner for the perfect summer night. As I bit into the hot dog, and took a sip of my milkshake, I made up my mind that we were definitely staying for the campfire.

It felt so right, joking around, laughing, and talking about stupid small things, I smiled almost the whole dinner. The funniest part was when Pirate (Ethan) was laughing so hard, the coke he was drinking came out of his nose, making Alpha spit out his orange soda all over Beauty (Silena). She scoffed, and pushed him off the bench, making everyone else laugh all the harder. The sky was turning a dark purple-ish color when Chiron called everyone to the campfire. When he did, all my soldiers looked at me for permission, and I smiled and told them that they could go.

I went back to the Chaos cabin, wanting to do one more thing before going back out to campfire. I ate so much that I was full, and I was covered in Alpha's orange soda, being the one sitting on the other side of him. So I decided to take a quick shower.

I was dressed and walking to the door after my shower, when someone knocked. I reached the door and opened it. There stood Leo. "Uh, hey Leo," I said, "Why aren't you at the campfire?" He looked down and said, "Well, I actually came here to tell you something really important. Um I didn't tell anyone else yet." I was concerned, "What Leo?" He looked up at me, and there was fear in his eyes. "I remember what happened the night I was hit in the head."

____________________________________________________________________________________

I am so sorry that I haven't updated. This is a pretty long chapter, so I hope you enjoy it. :)
-mint chocolate cookies