Chapter 2: How Could This Happen

"Soldiers," Chaos welcomed us warmly, "I have some news that you may or may not be happy about. And you probably won't be happy. So I ask you all, to control yourselves." Chaos nervously glanced at me.

"On the planet Earth, the human beings are having a bit of trouble. There has been a mysterious force terrorizing the planet. I feel it is my duty to send you to their planet to figure this out. You have been on my planet for 1,000 years, however on Earth it has only been 5. This means, all of the people you knew on Earth, are still there. I know some of you have had problems on Earth, but your team is required to help and protect any planet in my universe, and unfortunately Earth is one of them. I hope this news won't be taken badly by any of you. You will be leaving tomorrow." Chaos explained nervously. I was fuming. I couldn't find words. This was horrible. I knew Chaos would not let me sit this one out. I stomped off to my room while the ground trembled dangerously, and I heard one of my soldiers whisper, "Crap."

It was five hours later that I came out of my room. I was frustrated, and wouldn't talk to anyone that tried to talk to me. I took out my sword Riptide that I had kept, and went to the training area. You might think it's pointless to have one, since my team and I are immortal, but we can die in battle, just like the hunters. I took out all of the dummy's in a matter of seconds. I took out all of my anger on them, sweating through my shirt, and not even bothering to stop, because the dummy's just kept coming back up, thanks to Forge who designed them.

I kept hacking and slashing until someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned around quickly and put my sword to their throat. Then I realized that it was just Luke. I apologized and pulled away, running a hand through my hair.

"Look," Luke told me, "I know that this is upsetting for you, but it's the same way for me. For a lot of the other soldiers. I know that you're not going to talk to me, but just listen. I don't want to return either. Think about what people will think of me. It'll be... there isn't a word. I guess I'll feel guilty, scared of what I could do to hurt people, what will Thals and Annabeth think of me? But I talked to Chaos and he said that we could wear cloaks with a hood like he does. No one would know who we are, and we don't have to tell them until we are ready. The whole team agreed to do it. We'll go through this together."

Luke started to walk away, and then I realized how selfish I had been acting. I had totally forgot how everyone else might've been upset too. Especially Luke.

"Wait up," I called after him, "How about the whole team has a movie night tonight, and we can have fun before we have to leave tomorrow."

We ended up watching The Avengers, and it was a pretty good movie. We ate popcorn and pizza, and drank orange soda. Everyone had a good time, and I think that we made a good memory before we had to go to Earth, where many bad memories came to us.

That night it took me a while to fall asleep. But when I did, I surprisingly didn't have nightmares. I woke up in the morning ready to take on Earth. But I can't say the same about being ready to see Annabeth. Because I definitely wasn't ready. A cloak was waiting for me on my bed when I woke up. It was black with a shimmer to it, so it looked more silvery. I walked out of my room to see everyone else in pitch black cloaks, ready to go. We went to Chaos and he gave us each a small pouch. He explained to us that in each small pouch was something useful and personal that we should only open in time of need. He told us to hold hands, and said his goodbyes.

Then the air circled us, a tinted blue color, and everything that we saw was all disfigured and contorted. I closed my eyes, and when everything was still again, I opened them. All of us were standing on top of a Camp Half Blood table in the dining pavilion. My foot was in someone's pizza, and Dusk spilled over a chalice of root beer. All attention was on us. Which was so not what I wanted.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Okay, that was the second chapter, so I hope that you liked it! Please comment to tell me anything that you like or dislike so I can improve my writing. And if you like the story, make sure to vote!

~chocolate chip cookies 🍪