In His Arms

Your POV

I awake in Shota's arms, I look up at him and my cheeks get slightly warm, a soft smile appearing on my features. He's sound asleep, how cute. I gently rub my hand across his chest and hum gently. He turns his head slightly, and a gentle snore escapes him. I giggle softly and rub his arm, he smiles a bit as his arm goes around my waist, him bringing me closer to him. I look at his arm, then back up to him.

"Do you make it a habit to watch people sleep, Kitten?" His sleepy voice, lower and gravely, I snicker and roll my eyes.

"Well, when they look as cute as you, yes" I answer back, and boop his nose, a light dust of pink goes across his cheeks, he slowly pulls the blankets up to cover half his face. he hums a bit.

"The only way you could tease me, is when im tired, and you know that..." He says, seemingly annoyed or moreso embarrassed. I smirk slightly, and run my fingers through his hair, bringing him closer to me, resting my forehead against his.

" So, are you saying that the beast has been tamed?~" I purr, his eyes goes slightly wide and he jerks back, more red going across his face. I laugh.

"How did your voice do that- why did it sound so-... shut up" He looks away with his normal annoyed look. I nuzzle my head into his chest and sigh.

"Alright alright, I'll stop I promise~ I'll just stay here and enjoy your heartbeat, my love" I say softly, a small chuckle escapes his lips, as both arms wrap around my body.

"Hey... I just want you to know... I know you sometimes have bad thoughts, you think low of yourself sometimes, and I know some days can be stressful... But just know kitten, that you're amazing, you're beautiful and you deserve every good thing that comes to you" he says, while stroking my hair, I look up at him, curiously.

"W-what was all that for Shota?" I was blushing, all that kindness caught me off guard.

"I've noticed how mean you've been to yourself recently, and I don't like it... I promised to protect you, and I meant it... Even if its from yourself. You're so important to me and I want you to understand that no one, and I mean no one, could replace you. From your eyes, to you cute nose, to those... kissable lips, beautiful body shape, you might think you're to big or to small, but you're the perfect size for me, you're the perfect size and shape to fit comfortably in my arms... I honestly cant name one imperfection I see in you... well, other than your stubbornness" He laughs gently at that, and sighs. His grip around me tightens, and he closes his eyes.

"You wont ever understand how... how amazing you are to me, and I know that, but if you could understand HALF of how amazing you are, I bet you'd look in that mirror and say you're a ten out of ten. No matter who comes against us baby, I'll stand tall, and show you off as MY love. no one can take you from me, and no one can take me from you. I cant see others how I see you." He continues, I was smiling and giggling a bit, I even began to slightly cry. he noticed and panicked.

"Whoa- why are you crying? did I say something wrong? I-" I interrupt him with a hug, holding him close, he jolts slightly, and sounded incredibly confused.

"No... no you said everything right, thank you... I love you so much, Shota" I say softly near his ear, I feel his body relax, and he holds me tight, his face in my neck.

"I love you too, my little kitten" He lays himself back down, with me on top of him, cuddling.

"I don't feel like getting up, want to lay here with me a little while longer?" He questions, I snicker a bit and nod.

"Of course, anytime I can get with you is precious to me, love" I snuggle into him, his fingers slowly rub up and down my back, giving me chills, and making me relax. his scent was so calming to me, his breathing and heartbeat matched mine, this closeness was something I had always wanted. this companionship was something I needed... This is where I was meant to be, In his arms.