break up prank on you (requested)

The house seemed to be unusually quiet when you arrived home.

Yeji wasn't anywhere in sight, which struck you as odd considering she was gonna be home from practice earlier today.

"Yeji? Are you here?" You yelled out and, in response, heard footsteps on the floor, nearing the stairs.

You thought she'd come down and pull you into her warm embrace, but your heart sank in your chest when you saw her walking down with a couple of duffle bags over her shoulders and her suitcase wheeling behind her.

"Yeji? What's going on?" You asked, your voice filled with obvious worry. You tried not to let it show, thinking that there must be a perfectly reasonable explanation.

"What's with the bags?"

"I gotta go." She answered, causing you to frown.

"Oh. Did something with work come up? Or are you going on a vacation or something?" You asked with a nervous chuckle, only for her to shake her head and take your hand to lead you to the sofa, where you sat down with a pounding heart.

"I'm leaving for good, y/n."

"What?" You asked, eyes already swimming with tears.

"I want to break up."

You stared down at your lap, watching as you fidget with your own fingers.

"I don't understand why. I-I thought things were going so well. We were just talking about our future together."

"I know. But I think this is for the best."

You shook your head.

"Anything that involves losing you isn't for the best." You spoke with a lump in your throat. "You're the best thing to happen to me. What am I supposed to do without you?"

She sighed and hung her head.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure we can work it out. I'll do whatever it takes. But I can't lose you! I love you more than anything or anyone. Please don't go. Please don't leave me." You pleaded with tears in your eyes, feeling panicky and as though the world was just collapsing around you.

Yeji is your everything. What are you supposed to do without her?

"Come here." She whispered and open her arms and, for a moment, you hesitated.

Because though you find comfort in her arms, you fear that this will be the last time you feel that comfort. You worry it'll just vanish. You worry that saying goodbye would be even harder after that; as if it wasn't hard enough already.

But you moved into them anyways. Because you can't resist and you need her to hold you now more than ever.

"Don't go." You whimpered as you tugged at her shirt and held it in a tight grip.

"I won't ever leave you. You're silly if you think I'd give up on you so easily." She said as she rubbed your back. "It's just a prank."

You pulled away quickly, staring at her with wide eyes.

"And before you say anything, yes I know it was mean and I'm sorry. It breaks my heart to see you so hurt. I'm truly sorry."

You pouted and she was quick to kiss it away.

"I love you. You know that? More than anything. To the moon and back." She began to pepper kisses along your face, causing you to giggle and melt into her arms.

"I love you too. No more mean pranks, please?"

"I promise." She smiled and kissed you softly, wiping her thumb beneath your eye to brush away any tears that threatened to fall. "I've got you and I swear to you that I'll never let you go."