Chapter 4

The group starts to approach the castle.

"We're getting close" Mary Margaret tells yall.

"Aurora, you've got to keep up." Mulan calls behind her. Aurora is falling behind and jerking her dress off of branches and bushes as she walks,

"Sorry, but I'm not exactly dressed for the woods. It's cold out here"

~Shoulda thought of that before you decided to tag along~

"Here." Emma holds her jacket out to Aurora

"But I tried to kill your friend."

"Well... Actually, she's our mom but I get it." You chuckle

"But I have a feeling she can take care of herself. And I get it, you're not the only one who's been screwing up lately."

Aurora takes the jacket and looks at it inquisitively,

"What kind of corset is this?"

You again chuckle,

"Girl, it's not a corset, its much more breathable." She is about to respond but Mulan calls from in front of the group,

"Up here!"

"Is that it?" Emma looks amazingly at the castle.

"Yep. That's it." You reply. You, Emma and Mary Margaret enter the castle and immediately head to your old nursery that you would've shared with Emma.

"Oh, my God. I recognize this from Henry's book" Emma gasps

"I never thought I'd see this place again. This room... it was the nursery you two would have shared." Your mother starts to get emotional; she picks up and examines different stuffed animals. You mostly looked at all of the toys you used to play with... just knowing if Emma got to live here, you probably would've fought over them.

"I lived here?" Emma asks.

"(y/n) did, but you never even got to spend the night. This is the life I wanted you to have. I was going to teach you how to walk in here, how to talk, how to dress for your first ball. You never got to do any of it, neither of you did, we were so busy trying to fight Regina that (y/n) didn't get to have the life I wanted for you either...she spent most of her time with Granny. We never got to be a family." She is trying to hold back tears.

~FLASHBACK~

You are three or four, your parents are off still fighting Regina, who doesn't even know you exist. Well, nobody other than Granny, Red, Geppetto, Pinocchio, and Blue. Well, Rumplestiltskin knew, but it wasn't because yall had told him... he just knew for some reason. This was the third month in a row you had been with Granny, living in her house in the woods so you'd be safe. You very rarely saw your parents, and at the time you couldn't understand why, but you didn't ask either. The most you would see them was a couple of days at a time. They had you for about a year before finding out about Regina's plans for the curse. It wasn't near time for it to happen, but they immediately started to fight back. Granny is knitting something in her rocking chair in the living room, with her crossbow leaning against her chair, she was always knitting to pass the time. You never knew what she was knitting but every once in a while, she would give you things she made. You had lost count of how many blankets she'd made for you.

"Granny?"

"Mhm?" she responds, not taking her eyes off of her project

"Why are you always doing that?" you ask innocently she looks up at you and chuckles, patting her lap, motioning for you to come sit with her. It was hard to believe that the sassy lady you knew Granny as now, used to be motherly, or more accurately, Grandmotherly... you climbed up in her lap, she wraps her arm around your tiny frame and then continues to knit,