▮ 008

Daisuke could only stare at the innocent child with wide eyes, as the same color of rose spread on his warm cheeks from the question

Daisuke could only stare at the innocent child with wide eyes, as the same color of rose spread on his warm cheeks from the question. "so is it a yes or no?" Mai eagerly asked waiting or more like desperate, "i promise i'll keep it as a secret"

Mai placed a hand on her chest and the index finger on the other hand on her lips. Daisuke sighed in defeat before leaning on to Mai's ear while the girl excitedly giggled waiting for his answer.

"I like y/n-san..."

"i knew it!" Mai exclaimed giggling in delight, Daisuke only smile at her reaction. his cheeks painted by flush pink and the warmth spreading down to his neck and up to his ears from flusteredness.

"what are you guys talking about, if seems fun" you exclaimed out of nowhere, placing the teas on the coffee table.

"nothing~ i'm doing my homework now" Mai sung before going to her room and fetching her school works. "did she ask any questions that made you uncomfortable" you asked with a smile before grabbing the cup of tea and handed it to him, your guys hands making contact in the slightest.

"oh no nothing at all" Daisuke responded and taking a sip of the tea you offered. you hummed and took a sip of your own, "Mama can you help me with my homework" Mai said and sat down on the floor, as her papers and different color pencils were scattered around the coffee table.

"of course sweetie, what's your homework?" You said after placing the half finished tea. "Sensei said read the story and colored it" Mai said, opening the story book.

she began to read the story taking it slow with you helping her to pronounce a word when she was stuck on one and summarizing the story so she can understand it, asking some questions here and there to make sure she actually knows what she's reading.

"color time!" she exclaimed happily before taking one color on her hand and began coloring the black and white book.

"she's a really good reader at her age" Daisuke who was been listening and watching the scene in silence blurted out making you chuckled, "she's a smart girl" you responded and offer him some more tea to which he accept.

"like mother like daughter"

"Mama, sensei said we will have a field trip to the zoo but we need a guardian so we could come" Mai started, still coloring the book her brows furrowed in concentration.

"i'm sorry sweetie you know Mama is busy" you said to which your daughter sulked, "but i really wanna go..." she pouted stopping her movements, placing her chin on the table.

"I'm really sorry Mai, if i can move my schedule i would bat unfortunately i can't, please understand" you were saddened as well, you and mai don't really spend or hang out with each other because of your busy work though Mai understands that you need to go to work and warn some money but she just wished you could make some time for her and go out together.

Mai nodded slowly understanding your reason, patting her head to not upset the girl.

"I can come with her..." Daisuke suddenly blurted out making you both turn tour head to him. "Really!?" Mai excitedly asked with a bright smile her mood suddenly changing.

"Mama can I go now!?" Mai asked excitedly her eyes shining brightly, mentally pleading for you to agree. you laughed but nodded i mean how could you say no.

"yes, you can go"

"yay! thanks Mama!" She brightened up and hugged you by the waist, you hummed patting her back. "and Thanks you as well, Suke-san" She said and looked up giving a small smile to the male who nodded in return.

"now go and continue your homework, Mai" you said and patted her head one last time, The said girl nodded and continue coloring the book while humming a happy tune.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Mai hurry up, Daisuke-san is already here" You announced, Daisuke was sitting on the couch and drinking some tea you have prepared so he can accompany himself while he wait for Mai.

You went to her room and found herself struggling to button her uniform making you chuckle. You kneeled down and help her button her uniform up. You brush her long purple hair and tying it into two braids.

Once done she turn around and smiled at you, making you smile back at her squishing her rosy chubby cheeks before getting her small backpack.

"Come on you don't want Daisuke-san to keep waiting" You stated and get her backpack, putting it on her back she nodded excitedly, before skipping out of her room, shaking your head a bright smile plastered into your face following your daughter.

"Oh my it's already 8:09" You muttered under your breath looking at the watch that was wrapped around your wrist.

"We should go together Y/N-san" Daisuke stated standing up, his hands on top of Mai's shoulder who was nodding her head to you. You nodded with a small smile, fortunately the school you teach in was the same way the kindergarten Mai was attending.

You grabbed Mai's hand, walking beside her, Mai look at Daisuke before grabbed his left hand holding it, skipping slightly out of the house. Daisuke was taken aback by the sudden action of the child but a ghost smile went to his lips.

"Let's go Suke-san...!"

!"