Illumi X Male Reader

//Yo, there's a lemon

//Yo, there's a lemon. No spoilers tho.

He's a Family Man

You knew he had a dangerous job.

You knew he frequented sketchy places.

He'd never said as much, but you could assume what it was that he did for a living.

He was part of a family business, he'd explained, but never said more than that. You'd met in town and he'd asked a lot of questions, then startled you at the offhanded mention that he actually lived in the region himself. Looking back on your first encounter, you would say that it was rather odd. Certainly not romantic.

Four days later, a man arrived to survey the land around your town. He talked about building skyscrapers nearby, and making the town a metropolis like York New.
'A bird's eye view as far as Kukuroo Mountain, even.' He'd said.

He died mysteriously that night.

Of course, you hadn't made the connection back then. Who would?

On your second meeting, you learned his name. You'd already told him yours the first time, but he hadn't seemed too keen on sharing his own. You also learned that he was a rather avid collector of sharp objects; pins in specific.
He'd told you that he kept some on him at all times, just in case. Of course, he'd never elaborated.

By your third meeting, you were sure it wasn't chance.
And of course, you were right.

He hid his feelings well. Honestly, you hadn't even known he could feel much of anything until he held your hand. It had taken you by surprise.
The first time he'd kissed you, it took your breath away.

"What are you thinking about." Illumi asked. His tone was even, and nearly devoid of emotion.
"When we first got together." You responded simply, staring out of the window. It was raining gently; the perfect weather to be pensive, you thought.
"Oh." He said simply, returning his attention to the skillet on the stovetop. He wasn't a particularly good cook, but he wasn't horrible either. Since the weather had taken a turn, he'd offered to stay with you until it let up. You'd given up on arguing with him about personal space long ago- he was the type to dote, although he certainly didn't look it.

In the time it took him to finish cooking, the only sounds that could be heard were the ambient sizzles of the food and the pattering of rain against the roof. As soon as the two of you made plates and sat at the table, you spoke up again.
"So, Illumi, you let your parents know you were staying, right?" You asked.

"Of course. I tell mother everything." Illumi said without missing a beat. You'd noticed how he had a strong sense of family, but hadn't really brought it up before. It didn't bother you much.
Still, his words piqued your interest. "Everything? So you've talked about me? What did she say?"