𝐓𝐖𝐎.

"𝒎𝒚 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒍! 𝑲-𝑨-𝑹-𝑳."
𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕; 820
𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔; none
𝒂/𝒏; baby boy :) also most chapters are gonna be 700-1.5k words ‼️
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

Your day started off as mundane as it usually did.
waking up, showering, walking to the bus stop, walking to work, and silently doing your homework in the swing chairs until your shift started.
However what you weren't expecting, however, was there to be a customer in the café past 12pm; something that happened so rarely, that past 12 you would just sit on your phone for an hour or two, waiting for your shift to end so you could hop back on that bus and start your day all over again.

As you were just minding your business, your soft clothes pushing against the brick wall behind you, the bell on the door rings; making you look up immediately.
you were absolutely not prepared to deal with a karen right now- your hair was a mess, you were surviving on three hours sleep due to an theory paper due today, and your fsvourite outfit for work was dirty.
quickly shoving your phone in the pocket of your jeans, you walk over to the counter and look up to see who you're serving and-

oh my god.

Looking at the boy who has just walked into the café looking a little lost, he had short curly brown hair, grey eyes swarming with confusion, wearing an oversized sweatshirt over-top a polo shirt with a pair of black jeans and converse. a soft frown covered his face, that combined with his large eyes made him look like a lost puppy looking for guidance in this unforgiving world.

and shit, you were staring.

as the boy looked over to you, you saw what could only be described as a wave of relief- and a rose-y pink- wash over him, and begins to slowly waddled over to the counter where you were standing. softly resting his phone on the counter, he looked you directly in the eyes and muttered a soft "hi!"
you could see him twiddling with your thumbs as you answered your customer service voice.
"hi there welcome to my humble abode, what can i get for you? would you like any recommendations?"

As he hummed softly looking at the menu you took a greater look at the boy- he had to be around your age, the light eye bags and posture said it all- but it was the smaller details you appreciated the most. his gentle smile, the polish that coated his nails, the tattoo on his hand that you thought looked really cute, and your favourite part was his hair, by far. It looked so fluffy!

"could i get an iced coffee, if thats okay?"

dragged back into the world, your eyes met with his, and blood instantly ran to your cheeks. you muttered a small "of course" as you put in his order, and then the price into the eftpos machine. as you put it through, your mind wandered again. you wondered what his name was, he looked like he had a super basic name like kyle or jake, but a part of you thought he had a unique name like kai or duke.

putting the lid on his drink, you walk over to the other end of the little barista area/counter, you realised you had forgotten to ask for his name to put on the cup. this made you angry for two reasons, reason one being that this means you dont get to know his name, and reason two is that you felt bad and would have to give him some of the snacks from the counter in return.
before you ring the bell at the pick up area, you run back to the counter and pick up some bubblegum- people like this stuff right? was the only thought going through your head as you walked back to the barista area with your extra gift and hit the bell two times, the loud sound echoed through the room, disturbing the soft indie music playing in the background which always sounded familiar.

As lover boy walked over to the counter, you looked at him again and felt your face begin to heat up. coming a bit closer, he looks at your hands with a confused look on his face. realising it might look a bit weird, you softly explain; "i was an idiot and forgot to ask for your name to write on the cup, here's your drink and a gift because i fell bad." when you heard him giggle softly, your heart stops- hes so fucking cute make it stop.

"well, my name's karl, K-A-R-L. hope to see you around! thanks for the gum by the way!"

the boy, now known as karl, shoots you a soft smile as he walks out of the café, walking without care and immediately takes out his phone.

work wasn't that bad for the rest of the day, honestly.