𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

"I'll have soy milk, please"
𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕; 900😳
𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔; fuck /li
𝒂/𝒏; i tried out the outfit thingy!! im still keeping in gender neutral, hope u enjoy them :) also sorry for changing the setting slightly since last chapter 💔
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

it was around 9am, the café's regular visitors slowly stopped appearing and there was a soft patter of rain against the window. it sounded soft, delicate, which basically described your mood right now.
for the first time in about two weeks, your mood had finally improved. this morning the soft smell of incense had woken you up, deb had make her special "egg toast (a piece of toast with a hole cut out, which an egg is fried in)" which was always delicious, you two talked about nothing and everything, you got dressed into your favourite outfit- a baby blue sweatshirt with a button up underneath tucked into your favourite pair of jeans, all paired with a pair of black converse- your day was going really well.

as the remaining customers took their seats, you took this time to clean up your work station. gently cleaning the milk frother- god you hated cleaning it, it was so fragile and if it broke your manager would kill you- you quickly stopped your task to run over and change the song on the spotify playlist currently running. sorting through the songs you stopped on hey lover by the daughters of eve. you loved the remix, sometimes the original just hit better. just as you walked back to your draining task, you heard the door chime go off.

looking over to the door your heart stopped at who was shyly walking towards your counter.

his hair still looked the same as last time, if not fluffier, you just wanted to ruffle your hands through it. his ears and cheeks had a slight tint of pink along with his nose, and his lips were curled up into a soft, cheeky smile. he was wearing a dark blue sweater, chains covering his neck and black jeans stretched around his legs. you couldn't see what shoes he was wearing, but based off his outfit you'd guess vans or converse. he was twiddling his thumbs together as he finally reached the counter. as you two made eye contact, you immediately pulled your eyes away, blushing profusely.

-that was when you remembered there were customers in the store who would most likely tell your coworkers about this encounter.
taking a deep breath, you smile and look up at karl and give a quic "hey there! what would you like today?"
you tapped your fingers on the table, waiting for a response as the male gently hums as he utters a response.
"just an iced coffee please. also i love your outfit today, you look really pretty"
the heat on your cheeks got more and more intense with each passing second -which you think was his intention because as soon as it was visible you were blushing, karl let out a soft giggle while he watched you struggle to be professional.
still, you were at work. you were not going to lose it at work.
"would you like almond milk, regular milk, or soy milk with that?"
staring at his hands thinking about his options, karl uttered a soft
"soy milk please! your café is so nice."

was it just a game to him???

you were at work, blushing like a maniac, with most likely all the customers staring at you for falling for a complete stranger. as you struggled to get through the payment process without losing your sanity, as he walks to wait for his drink, he gives you a soft wink; at which you completely break.
as soon as he's out of earshot, you run to the back to gather yourself. "deep breaths, deep breaths.." slowly, your heart slows and your breathing returns to normal.
as you walk back to your little station, you begin making his iced coffee, your mind is somewhere else; somewhere sad.

why didnt it feel different? you expected to never see him again and now boom, he's right in front of your eyes, but instead of immediately giving him your number and being insanely flirty and bold- you felt shyness and held back by something you couldnt describe. maybe is was your previous relationship experience where you would put your all in and they would take it and leave you with nothing- or maybe you just weren't a bold person.

softly capping karls drink, you call his name and sure enough, he walks over to the counter. as he smiles at you and takes his drink from you, his hands linger for just that extra second that sends electricity running up your fingers. he slowly reels back, his mouth opening and his eyes looking at you longingly- yet, no words come out of either of your mouths.

you both lock eyes sadly, too scared to ask for the other's number or even just to hang out.

and as quick as he came in, he was gone.
bringing yourself back down to earth, you run to your phone and shoot a quick message to deb.

𝐲/𝐧 <3
guess who i saw today😳

as soon as the message sent, a notification- no, multiple notifications popped up on your phone.

𝐝𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝗼𝗼 💞
OMG WHAT
NO UR LYING
STOP THIS FOOLERY
YOU KNOW IM A HOPELESS
ROMANTIC YOU CANT JUST TRICK ME
LIKE THIS <//3

𝐲/𝐧 <3
NOPE LOL IM NOT KIDDING
HE CAME BACK TODAY

IM ABOUT TO LOSE IT OMFG
I SHALL SPILL WHEN I GRT HOME :))

p.s: ur cooking tonight <33

𝐝𝐞𝐛𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝗼𝗼 💞
fuck you