𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑.

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝗼𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝗼𝐩"
𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕; 780
𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔; small bit of angst, apart from that none ;)
𝒂/𝒏; drink water and eat! you are loved and appreciated <3 also sorry if this is bad it is so late rn... ANYWAYS GN YALL <3
✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

you didn't know why you were up.
it was four am, you had woken up abruptly due to a loud noise in the kitchen which you assumed was your roommate- and if it  wasn't, well, that would be a problem- and haven't been able to do as much as close your eyes.

Karl had shaken up your world, thats for sure. if he didn't, you wouldn't be here at four am, thinking about what it would be like if he was here, what it would feel like to be wrapped in his arms, feeling safe and sound, nothing holding you two back except the love you two shared. you knew you shouldn't be thinking about him; your brain had played tricks on you recently, seeing random strangers with similar looking hair coming into the shop fleeing you into panic, and then a breakdown once you realised it wasn't him.

you thought about what his face would feel like in your neck, whispering sweet nothings as you gently fell asleep into a wake-less night of pure bliss. you thought about how his hands would feel intertwined between yours, he seems like the kind of person to do that twiddling thing with his thumbs, you thought to yourself softly, feeling a soft tear falling down your cheek.
god, why did anyone let you fall this hard for a stranger? it was pure agony, nothing else, with you stuck with the knowledge you'd never see him again, and all the scenarios you'd thought up would always be would; nothing more. never a possibility, never anything that would ever happen.

you ran the scenario of you two meeting over and over in your head, thinking of anything you did wrong or to annoy him that would make him never come back- if this wasn't just one sided love, of course- but came back bare every time.
the more you would think about the situation, the more tears would slowly pour down your cheeks- and by the end of it all, you were sobbing. hard.

you thought about him until you fell asleep sobbing, your cries being heard throughout the apartment.

✰★✰★✰★✰★✰★✰★✰★✰

as you groggily got up the next morning, you felt sleep crowding the corners of your eyes while you pressed down the button on your alarm clock, signalling it was time to start another day, just as boring and bashful as the day before it.
pulling your legs from underneath the blankets to firmly on the ground, you picked out your outfit today- similar to what you had worn when you first met karl, but with a different take on it- you had picked out a white sweatshirt, baby blue jeans with painted pockets to look like a cow print, and some white airforces and chains to complete the outfit.

you seemed oddly cheerful today, which when you walked out your bedroom your roommate deb, noticed immediately.
"damn y/n, what's got you so pumped? is it a special day or something?? oh my god did i miss your birthday i'm so sorry"
she uttered quickly and had a sad, forgiving look on her face that i immediately responded in a soft tone, saying a quick "nono you haven't missed anything! i just have a good feeling about today i guess" , i said with a soft giggle walking down the hallway.
after grabbing your keys, work keys, and bus card, you ran out the door, hearing deb shouting out a "good luck! remember to eat!" before running down the stars to your bus stop.

finally after many stops and starts, you got to the café. morning shifts at work were always somewhat nice, there were lots of people so of course there were going to be a couple Karen's, but you also always got to see the lovely regulars who came to the café every morning or so to get a hot cup of coffee and a snack.
the best part, though, was always when the café started to slow down. it was busy enough so you weren't sitting on your phone bored out of your mind, but it was calm enough so you weren't rushing every order to keep everyone happy- you were able to focus on each person and their order individually away from the group- it was what you loved about your job.

most of the customers were sitting down, enjoying their drinks while you were cleaning the milk froth machine and your coworker was in the back signing orders, when you heard the café door ring and a brown mop of hair walk through.