LA/CA Oneshot

Louisiana's P.O.V.

Today was just another day, nothing special, Sha trying to get on D.C./Gov's nerves so he pays attention to him and doesn't overwork himself (Not that he realizes that we're trying to help him, more than hurt), the New England brothers messing with each other, 'Laska and Tex' messing around discreetly, and... People making fun of/bullying Cali... That is a no, a big no. "HEY!" I shouted, my voice booming. "Leave 'em alone" Everyone looked scared or startled to day the least. They left him alone but when the state meeting truly started I could see out of the corner of my eye that they were still doing miniscule things to him. 'I'll get 'em back later' I thought to myself, there's no use to make a big scene as of right now.

I saw NY and Cali looking at each other, not in a menacing way that the others look at them but sort of in the way Sha and I do, like friends, it's good to know at least one other person is there for 'em. The meeting should end soon, I say should because there's not an actual time to these just gets called whenever something happens and we gotta talk about it even if, like most of the time, nothing gets solved and only gets worse because of the fighting... Sometimes Juan gets reminded of his dad by the fights and he keeps it in and tries to put a mask on, deeper than the one he usually wears around others, while we're at the meeting's/around people then he goes into our shared room he breaks down, and hard too, I sit and try to comfort him but it's hard he won't let anyone touch him. I have to end up call Geo (Georgia) in quite a bit because he grew up raising Juan, far more than his actual father anyway, and after a while between the two of us he's stable enough to let us touch him. It hurts to know that he has to go through that, and that he's been thriugh things worse than that to act this way but he's trying his best, we all are...

The meeting had just now ended and as everyone was leaving I watch certain people I know to see if they're ok Sha was walking out instead of racing out which was good, he's ok, then I watch his lil' crush fighting with his older brother's, and lastly... Lastly where is he, I think as I turn around only to be met, face to face, with him, California... "Hey..." I mumbled a bit shocked. He looked down at thr floor and our shoes, then to the right side towards the wall, and finally back up at me. "Why?" He said quietly. "Why what?" I asked matching his quiet tone. "Why did you stand up for me I just don't get it?!" He replied with a bit louder, questioning, and somewhat angry tone. I was unable to say anything for I did not want him to know that I loved him yet... But I suppose now is the time to say it... "Just felt like it, Sugar." I say as confidently as I could, leaned down a bit picked up his chin with my pointer finger on my right hand, gently kissed his lips and walked away, halfway looking behind me to see him looking down blushing with a small smile on his face. I'm no longer scared anymore because now I believe that he truly feels the same as me. I've haven't been this happy in a while.

------------------------------------------------------

I might make a part 2 in Cali's P.O.V. and I'll probably go back and edit the last chapter a bit as well.