Chapter 3

Lunch was over and I was walking into the bathroom when I ran into Andrea. I remembered the story Jenn had just told me about how Andrea got the small scar on her hand and it made me laugh.

"Is there a problem?" Andrea spat at me.

"No, I was just remembering a story my friend was just telling me."

"What story? What friend." Damn, I haven't done shit to her and she's acting like I just killed her dog. She's the one who stole my best friend. Just then Jenn comes through the door.

"Hey, you left your notebook at the table." Jenn stops right in her tracks when she looks up and sees Andrea. They lock eyes and I see a hint of hurt and love in Andrea's eyes. Holy shit! Andrea loves Jenn back.

"Andrea stop bothering the poor kids, oh. Hi Spencer." Aria jumps as she comes out of the stall. I rub the back of my neck and look at the floor.

"Hi Aria, it's been awhile."

We stood there in awkward silence for a minute when Jenn spoke up, "Okay, well Spencer and I need to get to chem, we'll see you ladies later."

"Jenn, you had chem fir-"

"Kay bye!" Jenn drags me by my arm out of the bathroom.

"Geez why did you want to get out of there so fast?"

"You could have cut the awkward with a knife."

"You have a point, but Andrea was eyeing you down."

"I know she hates me but I have no idea why."

"Hate? Seriously? She definitely doesn't hate you. She was looking at you the same way you were looking at her in the lunch room, along with that she was eyeing you down with sexual desire and lust." Jenn blushed.

"Yeah right, she's the one who stopped being friends with me. If she was 'in love' with me we would still be friends." She mocked.

"Whatever I saw what I saw. Don't believe me."

"Besides she has a boyfriend. It wouldn't matter anyway."

"Oh yeah. That's right. Kian Lawley. The world's most pined over hottie in Rosewood."

"And he is all Andrea's"

"But she's in love with you."

"No she isn't Spencer! Can we drop this?"

"For now and please call me Spence, that's what all my best friends call me."

"So we are best friends now?"

"There has been a opening for that position for two years now, and besides you are the only person I've ever told about the whole Arian thing. So yeah we are." I smile at her as we walk into English.

"Alright class! We are starting a project. I'm picking your groups. There will be four of you in each group." Mr. Fitz starts. Jenn and I are whispering back and forth til we hear our names. "Jenn, Spencer, Andrea, and Aria, you four will be working together." My heart drops. Jenn and I look at each other.

After class Andrea and Aria walk up to us. "So my parents won't be home til later tonight so we can do the project at my house. If that's okay with you two?" Aria asks.

"Yeah, that's fine. I can take you other there Jenn." I say.

"Okay cool, I was about to say I don't know where Aria lives."

"You still remember where I live right Spence?" Aria says and touches my arm. I loose my breath, my heart speeds up, and my arm is on fire where she has her hold.