20

*a/n I'll let you know when to play the song ^

- Hour 3 -

Y/N POV

You had gathered yourself and your thoughts and promised yourself to stay strong while you told Dom's family. Dom wasn't only your boyfriend and your other half, but he was also someone's brother, someone's son, someone's family. You had to remain strong for them.

Sam, Justin, Izzy, and Gem walked into the silent room. You got up from the couch and left room for everyone to sit down. The girls sat on the couch next to Michael and Gavin, Tom and Adam sat on the arms of the couch, and Sam sat on a chair next to the couch with Justin stood behind her. You began to pace around the room, trying to work up the courage to speak. You knew you had to say it eventually, it would be unfair to keep them waiting. You began,

"Dr. Shepherd came into the room earlier and told me some news about Dom. I told him I would tell you all so I could try to soften the blow. The past hour I've been trying to figure out how I can do that but I'm not really sure how. I just, I-"

"It's okay Y/N. Just tell us exactly what he said. Being told by someone we love is enough," Sam said.

"Okay," I sighed. "Dom...is braindead," I continued. The same look that was on the boys' faces earlier now appeared on everyone else's. Shock, confusion, fear, sorrow. "He said he'd be in to talk about organ donation, as you only have 72 hours to decide if you do end up going that route."

Everyone remained silent for the next couple of minutes. The only noise that could be heard were soft sobs. 

"He said Dom probably won't wake up. Keyword 'probably.' It may be wrong for me to get my hopes up, but I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing. Before he told me the new diagnosis he said talking to him, holding his hands, playing music, and just keeping him engaged could possibly help. I'm not giving up yet," you continued.

Everyone nodded and agreed to keep trying and not lose hope yet. Science isn't perfect and doctors can be wrong sometimes. You weren't going to give up on him. The doctor came back into the room shortly after and explained organ donation to Dom's family. He handed them a pamphlet to read over as well and told them he'd be back in to hear the decision when the 72 hours is up. 

- Hour 6 -

The boys had gone back home for dinner and to sleep, and Dom's family went back to the hotel for the night. This left you and Dom alone again. You thought about what the doctor said about music and decided to put on one of yours and Dom's favorite songs. 

*play song here*

You took his hand in his and began to sway to the music. Singing along to the familiar lyrics,

"When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well there's so much they hold," you sang.

Dom's POV

"And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?"

I awoke to the sound of a familiar tune. One of Y/N and I's favorite songs to dance together to. Suddenly I felt a hand pull me onto my feet. I wasn't on the cold concrete anymore. I was in our living room. Dancing with the love of my life. Fireplace roaring, the beautiful night sky illuminating the room through the sliding-glass doors.

"Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up," we sang along and slow danced across the carpet. To a person looking in, it was just an old shag carpet lying on our dusty wooden floors. But to us it was a ballroom, waiting to be danced upon.

Y/N POV

"And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find," you continued to sing, letting go of Dom's hand and dancing across the room.

Dom's POV

Y/N began to fade a little bit as she danced across the room, shouting the meaningful lyrics at the top of her lungs.

Y/N POV

"'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up," you continued, shouting the lyrics at the top of your lungs.

Dom's POV

"I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use the tools and gifts
We got yeah we got a lot at stake
And in the end you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn, how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I got, and what I'm not
And who I am," she faded more and more, her silhouette twirling from one side of the room to the other. Although I could see her less and less, I could still hear her.

Y/N POV

"I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
I'm still looking upWell, I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough (I am tough) he knows (I am loved)
We got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)," you sang even louder now, before returning to Dom's side and taking his hand in your once again.

Dom's POV

She came back to me brighter than ever and joined her hands in mine as we sang the last lyrics together. 

"I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up..."