Chapter 8: Problem

You ended up in the nurse's office, an ice pack to your eye, several bandages on your arms and legs, and a huge scowl on your face. Everything hurt, but you didn't regret a single thing; he'd thrown the first punch, and you'd just gone along with it.

Kyoutani had been placed in a different room, out of concern that you two would start fighting again. As far as you knew, he'd gained just as many injuries as you, which meant that you'd both been equally beat up.

It had been about half an hour now, and you were sure by this point practice was now over, and everyone was going home. You shrunk into your seat at the thought of them being disgusted by your rowdy nature.

(Six months ago, you wouldn't have cared about what they thought of you.)

"You really are stupid, you know that?" Himari strolled into the room, eyeing you with distaste.

"I don't want to hear that from you," you hissed, shifting the ice pack on your face.

She rolled her eyes, and then dropped something at your feet; you glanced down, and to your surprise, she'd brought your bag all the way from the gym for you. "He's a first year," she spoke, placing her hands on her hips, gaining your attention again, "you don't fight with first years, (L/n)."

"Oh, you don't?" you spat, "Well, I'm sorry he threw the first punch. I am so, so sorry I acted out of self defensive when he gave me a damn black eye."

"You provoked him first!" Himari argued.

"That's pretty different from beating the fuck out of each other!" you retorted.

There was a pause, before she sat down next to you, with an exasperated sigh, you jolted as she came closer to you. "For fuck's sake, (Y/n)," she whispered, "do you have some kind of annual beginning-of-the-year fight tradition? First it was me, now it's Kyoutani."

"It's a coincidence," you denied, glaring at the ceiling. "And don't call me by my first name, you dumb fucker."

Himari narrowed her eyes at you, "What's wrong with me calling you by your first name?"

"You're an asshole and I don't like you," you replied shortly.

Another interlude of silence, before she muttered, "You know everyone was worried about you, right?"

"Huh?" you spluttered dumbly, caught off guard.

"They were worried about you," she repeated, giving you a disapproving side glance. "Oikawa couldn't set properly you know."

"Why would they be worried about me?" you asked in a deadpan fashion.

"Because---" Himari attempted to speak, but you cut her off.

"No, genuinely, why? I verbally abuse them, I lose my temper, and I act like I'm too good for them. Why the fuck would they care about me?" you snapped.

"Because despite all that, you actually are a decent manager!" she yelled, losing her patience. She had to calm herself down for a moment, before talking again; "You encourage them, even if it's in your own weird way, and you make them happy because they find you funny. You also listen to Oikawa and he likes you because you let him get stuff off his chest without any judgement."

"Oh," you mumbled, not exactly sure of what to say to all that.

Himari huffed in an irritated fashion at your lackluster response. "So don't you dare take their friendliness with you for granted, because they do actually like you, stupid."

(God, now she got to lecture you? You hated it here.)

"I hate you," you muttered, slumping in your seat.