Chapter 18: Animals

Himari was pissed.

For some reason, ever since Friday, you'd been off. Oikawa had been the same as usual, still talking to you lots, but you seemed stiff, and because of that, you two didn't have the chemistry you normally did. Though you didn't notice, Himari also could tell that Oikawa was trying desperately to keep something a secret; and she was going to find out what.

"Hey, (L/n)," she called out, after practice, gesturing for you to come behind the corner of the building. "Come here."

You paused, glancing around awkwardly, before walking over, and leaning towards her suspiciously, "You look like you're trying to sell me drugs."

Himari rolled her eyes, grabbed you by the collar of your jacket, and yanked you out of sight and earshot of the others. "Alright, listen bitch, something has clearly happened between you and Milkbread boy," she stated.

"Ok, how in fuck's name do you know whenever something dramatic has happened?" you deadpanned, folding your arms.

The girl glowered at you, yet held herself back, and let out an exasperated sigh. "Can you just tell me what the hell happened, please?"

"Beg me," you responded dryly.

There was an intermittent pause, as Himari fought the urge to strangle you right there and then, before she inhaled deeply, trying to control herself. "(L/n) (Y/n), I swear to Nicki Minaj, if you don't—"

"Fine, fine!" you exclaimed, "Fucking hell."

"So?" Himari stared at you pointedly.

"I... I basically confessed to him," you admitted, scratching the back of your neck, and ducking your head bashfully.

Your fellow manager had to do a double take. "Excuse?..." she muttered.

"Yeah... not my smartest move," you snorted, making a pained face, trying to smile but failing miserably. "I basically yelled at him that I was the best person for him."

"I—I don't know what to say," Himari mumbled, letting you go. "You deadass just like... screamed at him that his other relationships were shit?"

"Uh, no," you corrected defensively. "I screamed at him that he should date me."

"And how in fuck's name did he react to that?" Himari asked, still in disbelief.

"He basically went 'oh', hid his face for a second, and then kinda speed walked off, saying we needed to get to his house. I think he was really embarrassed," you laughed a bit, recalling the barely visible flush of colour that had occupied Oikawa's cheeks after you'd yelled at him.

"And now he's trying to act like nothing happened," Himari grumbled, rubbing his forehead in irritance. "God, you two are hopeless."

"Kawa — fuck, I mean, Oikawa doesn't like me back," you replied hastily. "He sees me like he sees Iwaizumi, which is a short tempered friend who means well."

"You are dumb," Himari glared at you; you scowled, and opened your mouth to object, but she held up a hand to silence you, and continued; "he's in denial, you idiot. Anyone can tell! Why do you think Mattsun and Makki go around trying to get him to talk about you?! He doesn't want to admit it because he's a pussy, and he doesn't want to disappoint you!"

You raised an eyebrow, and squinted at her in confusion. "Ok, but assuming he does like me, then why is he acting like nothing happened at all?"

"As I said, he's in denial. He's trying to figure out his own feelings, but mark my words, once he has the realisation that he's deeply in love with you, he'll run up to you, confess to you in a really hot and romantic way, and then kiss you breathless." Himari explained, a self impressed smile on his hers.