Soup- Carol

"Hey Y/N what's up? You seem a bit pale, come here I want to take your temperature, make sure you don't have a fever." Carol said. You shuffle towards her. She reaches her hand out and places it on your forehead. "You're burning up" she said. You laid back down and you placed your head on her chest. She ran her fingers through your hair as she watched you fall asleep. She sat with you for 10 minutes before deciding to go do her own thing.

Carol's pov:

I slowly moved out from underneath Y/N being extremely cautious not to wake them up. I think I'm going to make them some some soup. I started to cut up the vegetables when I heard some movement coming from the bedroom, I made my way there to find that it was just Y/N, they must be having a bad sleep cause they only have a restless night when they have a nightmare. I perched myself over the edge of the bed and started stroking their hair whilst I shushed them just to let them know that I'm here and they're safe. I did this for 10 minutes or so.

I made my way back to the kitchen after making sure that y/n was alright. I finished cutting up the vegetables and added them to the pan with the oil and allowed them to brown off. Once they had started to turn brown I added in the broth mix and put the lid on the pan to allow it to simmer. I decided that I would go check on y/n and then go and watch tv. I popped my head around the corner of the bedroom doorframe to find y/n still sleeping so I stood there admiring their beauty before I took myself back into the living room. I sat down onto the couch and decided to watch Friends.

Time skip:

1 and a half hours later:

I had watched 3 episodes of friends and I decided that it was now time to check on the soup as I have allowed it to slowly simmer away. I got up and made my way over to the pan to check on the soup. I taste tested it and it tasted good. I took it off the stove and hand blended the soup so that it was a nice smooth consistency. I poured the soup into bowls and made Y/n a glass of water and grabbed two paracetamol tablets for them. I placed everything on the tray and grabbed some bread out of the loaf and brought it through to the bedroom for them. I shook Y/n gently to wake them up and placed a kiss on their cheek. This had awoken them and I was glad it did. Usually when they're ill it takes me forever to wake them up.

Y/N's pov:

I was awoken by Carol and to the delicious smell of soup. I knew she could cook, she was good at it too. I sat up against the headrest and Carol placed the tray over my lap making sure not to spill any soup. I slowly ate the soup and afterwards I  took the paracetamol. I felt a bit tired, I felt drowsy. I slid my body back down under the duvet and allowed my head to hit the pillow.

Carol's pov:

I took the tray back into the kitchen and headed back to the bedroom. I climbed back under the duvet and Y/n moved themselves closer to me and placed their head on my chest. They fell asleep near enough right away. I sat there stroking their hair whilst accepting that I too was tired. I slowly let myself slip into a peaceful sleep.

A/N: this is the first one-shot of the new book and I don't know how I feel about it. Have a lovely day.

-Sam