You're already my work partner -Maria

"Watch your back Y/L/N" Maria yelled.

Y/N couldn't hear Maria but when they eventually did, it was too late. Trying to jump out of the way only lead to more complications.

The place was covered in debris, bits of fallen building all over the place.

"Y/L/N" Maria yelled repeatedly.

Gathering the very little energy you had left, you managed to shout out to Maria, "I'm over here"

"Keep calling out to us the best you can so we can pinpoint your location." Maria said beginning to get more concerned.

Y/N knew they couldn't call back to Maria, they were slipping out of consciousness.

"Damn it Y/N, I need you to try" Maria tried not to cry. "Stop standing there and go get looking for Agent Y/L/N, we can't have them there too long."

The minutes passed by, Maria getting more scared for you as time passed.

"We've found them Agent Hill." Was the sound heard over the radio.

"Shout so I can use your voices to guide me" Maria added.

"We're here, we're here" was repeated over and over echoing across the debris getting closer and closer with each footstep she took.

"Damn it Y/L/N, only if you had heard me." Maria added as she found you laying under the debris.

You were found in quite a rough state, cuts all over your face from the glass in the window and a broken arm from trying to move out of the way too late.

"Alert Fury, let him know we've found Y/N and that they're seriously injured." Maria said to one agent.

"You three, help me lift the debris off of them" Maria commanded to the others.

Once the debris had been cleared, Maria pulled you out, more injuries than what was visible.

"We need to get them back immediately, we leave it any longer and we risk Y/N bleeding out" Maria said.

"We haven't heard from Fury yet." One agent said.

Well don't just stand there, we can't wait around, go call the emergency services alert them of the incident."

"Okay Agent Hill."

Once you arrived at the hospital you were taken straight to emergency surgery to remove the glass in your lower abdomen.

~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~

It had been a few hours since you had gotten out of surgery with the procedure going well, Maria spent all of her time right by your side once you got out of surgery.

Pulling yourself round you noticed a familiar face, a one you didn't mind seeing.

"Agent Hill, is that you?"

"Sure is"

"How long have you been here?"

"The entire time, someone had to be here when you came around." Maria said.

"Y/L/N glad to see you awake, we will have to keep you in overnight for observation and then you'll be free to go home in the morning granted you have someone who can take care of you." The doctor said.

Maria looked at you knowing that you had no one, you looked at Maria with the same look.

"Y/N i'd be more than willing to help" Maria said.

"Sure" Y/N added.

"Great I'll see you in the morning with the discharge papers, I'll let you get some sleep." The doctor said whilst walking out of your room.

"I'll go too, give you some space to yourself." Maria added.

"Actually could you stay? I don't want to be alone and I quite enjoy your company."

"Sure" Maria added.

You moved over on the bed slightly to leave Maria with enough space to lie down.

"Y/N I have something to tell you about why I actually stayed."

"What is it?" you asked looking slightly confused.

"I stayed because I have feelings for you, but like not just as friends, as in potentially something more in the future."

"How far into the future are you thinking Hill, I have feelings for you too, you're a very pretty and intelligent woman."

"Y/N will you be my partner?"

"I'm already your partner at work, why would you ask me that one?"

"I mean as in like will you be my significant other?"

"Oh, yes of course I will."

Maria made her way over to the bed and laid next to you, "goodnight Y/N, I love you."

"I love you too Maria."

They stayed together on that bed till the morning.

~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~

Maria spent the next six weeks nursing Y/N back to full health so they could go back to work, which is something Maria wanted to do badly.

Maria desperately wanted to tell fury about her newfound love, she'd been telling Y/N for weeks. She even came up with a nickname for it giving a whole explanation for it.

"Well if we call ourselves fury's lesbians it works because I'm dating you, Natasha is dating Wanda and Carol is dating Valkyrie." Maria said.

"Okay you're right it works. Just break it easy to the old man." You laugh to yourself.

A/N:

This was requested by @marvelfan605