02 | nightmares

[ cw: mentions of sexually explicit material ]

Screams. Multiple yet one at the same time.

Marlee was somewhere familiar but she couldn't see past three feet in front of her due to the fog in the air. Someone ran into her and she fell to the ground, hitting the back of her head on the cement.

Her head was spinning as she rubbed the spot where she hit herself and the fog began to clear up. She was in Diagon Alley and the screams were coming from the people that were running past her.

What were they running from?

Marlee pushed herself off the ground until she noticed that people were running away from her, looking at her with fear in their eyes just like George had the night of the wedding.

"No! I don't want to hurt you!" Marlee pleaded and held her hands up to show innocence but a blazing green light shot from her palms, destroying the brick buildings that stood in front of her. "What the hell?" she gasped.

She shook her hands to try to get rid of the light but that only made things worse as she made more destruction.

"Get them! Get them all!" Marlee heard a familiar voice and Bellatrix appeared from out of the corner. "Marlee! Let's go!" Bellatrix beckoned for her to come over.

Marlee backed away, shaking her head. "No. This isn't right," she muttered.

A voice came from behind her, "Marlee—"

"I said no!" Marlee screamed and whipped around only for the green light from her hands to shoot the person straight in the chest. The person fell to the floor and Marlee went numb once she recognized who it was.

George laid dead on the ground, his eyes open and lifeless as the color from them drained by the second. Marlee had just killed the most important person in her life.

"No, no—what have I done? This isn't real, this isn't real..." Marlee's breathing sped up as she bent down to hold George's face in her hands.

The image of him dead in her arms sent bad shivers down her spine and a single tear fell from her cheek.

Diagon Alley began to disappear and everything was white. In the distance, Marlee could see something coming her way. It was small and pure black. As it got closer, she could make out wings. A black bird of some type.

But before she could find out what it was, a cry filled her ears and everything flashed back to the wedding. George was in the floor again while Bellatrix hurt him and Marlee stood there helpless except there was no Veridia or Daella holding her. She stood there alone and didn't move.

Marlee woke up with a gasp to find herself in Ginny's room. She had never had nightmares about that weekend before. Her throat felt dry and she was damp from sweat. She panted quietly as Hermione stirred in her sleep next to her.

The sun was barely rising as Marlee looked out the window until her breathing calmed down. A fear arose in her and she got up to make sure George was okay. She tiptoed to his room and opened the door slowly so that it wouldn't creak. She peeked her head in to see him sprawled out on his twin bed with the comforter half on his legs, his mouth open slightly. Marlee couldn't help but smile to herself at the sight and she decided to step in really quick. She scurried to the edge of his bed and gently combed his hair out of his face, pressing her lips to his forehead. But George was a light sleeper and his eyes fluttered open.