06 | last first day

"Cho, we're gonna be late!" Marlee yelled up the staircase as she checked the clock in the kitchen. The Hogwarts Express left at eleven o'clock sharp and they still had to drive to Kings Cross Station.

Cho came clunking down with her luggages and Seraphina's cage. Marlee helped her put her things in the car while Nora was already outside, warming up the car (Eric had already left for work).

In a hurry, they drove to the station with ten minutes to spare. Nora had to go to work as well so she quickly hugged both of them goodbye and the girls practically sprinted to Platform 9 ¾.

When they got there, the station was packed with witches and wizards. Marlee and Cho had to squeeze their way through the crowd to get to the luggage drop off. Marlee wanted to try to find George but she decided to wait until she was settled in on the train to do it.

Marlee had just stepped into the train, looked left down the aisle, when she felt someone hop onto her back. "MARLEE!"

Marlee let out a chuckle. "Hey Aries," she said. "I missed you too." Aries hopped down and gave Marlee a proper hug and behind her she saw Harlow and Fabienne, who then joined in on their hug.

"Come on, we've already found a seat. Then, we can get the full details on each other's summers." Harlow wiggled an eyebrow and led them down the corridor.

As they walked by each compartment, Marlee kept an eye out for George but she only saw Harry, Ron and Hermione. Angelina, Alicia and Katie were in a compartment together but the boys were nowhere to be seen. Marlee recalled that Oliver was no longer attending Hogwarts since he was now playing Quidditch and a part of her was sad that she didn't realize this sooner.

Harlow finally stopped and the girls filed into the seats. Still no sign of George but Marlee figured that it could wait. It wasn't like they hadn't seen each other all summer.

"Can you guys believe that it's our last year?" Aries sighed as she laid down on the seat, dramatically.

Marlee held up a hand. "Don't even mention it, I'm trying not to remember actually," she sassed.

"I swear Aries if you're one of those people on the last week of school like, 'oh this is our last time in the Great Hall on a Tuesday at three p.m.' or some shit like that—I will go all off on you!" Harlow added, partially joking, partially not.

"Maybe I will do that now that you've mentioned it," Aries shot back. "Besides, it's all true! We're never gonna be here again. This is our last time riding the express to start the school year."

Marlee put her hand back up. "Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

"And if you don't go anywhere for the Holiday this is your last time on the train, going to Hogwarts!" Aries yelled over Marlee to annoy her even more.

"I'm going to the bathroom!" Marlee announced as she made a dramatic exit. She actually had to pee really bad and Aries has made it a good time to leave.

The train just left the station so the corridor was much less crowded now. Marlee walked down to the bathrooms, looking for George at the same time and she didn't notice that she started to fidget with her ring. Her thumb spun her mother's jade ring around the base of her middle finger until gravity pulled it down and it flung off of her finger a few feet away in front of the boy's bathroom door.

She muttered a curse word to herself and bent down to pick it up when the door opened and she was knocked in the head and fell to the ground. She quickly sat back up to say a sassy remark but her entire body froze when she realized who it was.

"Adrian," she breathed out in disbelief.

Marlee could not believe her eyes. In front of her was Adrian Pucey, her first love who had moved away to America that she was expecting to never see again. Yet, here he was standing right in front of her and she was sitting on the floor like a dork.