9 Office talk

The walk back to the class was painfully awkward. I felt bad for hurting Vlad King. I'll have to go to him to apologize after classes.

After the bell rang announcing the end of the last lesson, I quickly packed my things to catch Mr. Kan in his class. Before I could run out, I felt someone grab my wrist. It was a big hand with long fingers, which could wrap around my small wrist almost twice. It was Aizawa.

"Where are you going?" He asked suspiciously like it was something weird for me to go out of the class at the end of the day.

"I wanted to apologize to Mr. Ken for earlier. I feel bad and wanted to say that it was nothing personal." Seeing that Aizawa didn't react to what I said, I pulled my hand out of his drip and hurried to the class 1-B.

After my endless apologies to my 'victim' I made my way through the hall to go home. Suddenly a door opened making me squeak with surprise. Aizawa came out with his hands in the pockets of his black one-piece.

"Hi, you scared me. Mr. Kan seems better now so I'm going home." I gave him a quick wave to say goodbye.

"What about our training." Aizawa leaned on the frame of his office. Something about his pose and the afternoon light that shined on his features gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. I could see his tired dark eyes, his sharp jaw, with puffy lips, everything about his scruffy face looked better in the light.

"Ms. L/N?" Aizawa squinted his eyes at me. Oh god, I must have been staring at him. I hope it wasn't long enough for him to notice.

"Yeah, the training. You want to start today already?" I thought we would first talk about what we would do and then arrange hours and days we would train.

"We have to start as early as possible so that you won't traumatize more people." He said in his monotone voice. It almost seemed like he was mocking me.

"I guess you are right. But how will we do that?" He pushed himself from the door frame and motioned me to follow him to his office.

He sat behind his desk and I sat in the chair in front of it. "How much time do you have today?" He asked looking for something on his messy desk. It was full of graded papers, documents, half-empty cups of coffee and pens.

"I don't have anything planned...so all the time in the word I guess." I chuckled. He did not smile.

He picked up his phone that was hidden under the pile of papers then stood up and went to the corner of the room where the little kitchen was located. He started making coffee and put the phone to his ear.

"Do you want one too?" Is he talking to me or the person on the phone. I decided to not react. "Ms. L/N, can't you hear? I said do you want coffee." His voice sounded more stern.

"Uh, y-yes, thank you." Ugh, why did I stutter like this. I'm 20 for god's sake I shouldn't stutter like a child.

While he made the coffee, he talked to some person on the phone. He told them to come here in an hour. Will they help me with my quirk or is it just his friend and he invited them here to make fun of my quirk together.

Aizawa brought the two cups to the desk, trying to find any free spot where he could put them down. Because he had his hands full and there wasn't a sight of the wooden desk, I grabbed one pile of papers and moved them to the side. He quietly thanked me and the cups were put down. The coffee was still hot so we had nothing to do. An awkward silence grew between us.

"What did you see?" He suddenly asked. "Huh? What do you mean?" Even though his eyes were half-closed, they were piercing me, making me feel like he saw through my soul.

"What did you see in Ken's illusion. What was his fear." "Uhh,..." I fiddled with my fingers under the desk nervously.

My dad told me that I shouldn't tell other people what I saw in my illusions because it was disrespectful and personal. I understood him, I wouldn't want other people to know my fears either. But Aizawa was supposed to help and if I wanted to continue to teach at UA I needed to do my best to have control over my quirk.

"It was guilt. He fears failure." I still didn't want to give him all the details especially if it regarded him. Aizawa leaned in his chair.

I brought the coffee towards my lips to fill the silence. Suddenly Aizawa's eyes focused on my hand. As I was savoring the bitter taste in my mouth, he asked. "You have a tattoo?" "Huh? No, I don't." I said confused.

He pushed himself from his chair towards me and grabbed my hand. I was surprised by his quick movement and my face heated up.

"Then what is this." He turner my hand towards me showing me that I had a black silhouette of Aizawa's goggles and something that resembled All Might's hairstyle on it.

When Aizawa recognized what was on my hand he let go of my hand and looked at me confused but more disgusted of what kind of freak I was to have this tattooed on me. I noticed that he took it the wrong way and quickly started to explain.

"It's not what you think it is." I frantically waved my hands. His eyebrows knitted together, he seemed angry. "It's because of my quirk." The anger faded from his face but his confusion still stayed.

After I explained to him how my quirk worked and why did I have this tattoo on my arm, he seemed to calm down. "So if the tattoo represents something from your illusions, why was I and All Might there."

"My dad told me that I should not tell other people my illusions..." He did not seem to like my answer but before he could question me more, the doors slammed open and Mr. Yamada came in yelling 'I'm here'.

I smiled at the pained expression Aizawa's face made hearing the loud hero. I thought Yamada was his friend why is he acting like this.

"Hello Ms. L/N. Aren't you getting bored sitting here with this grump?" Yamada put his arm around Aizawa which he quickly swatted away. "It's okay." I smiled. "So what did you need me for."