𝟐𝟓. 𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧-𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧

"I don't think Lucas is that dumb to keep anything important just lying around in his office." Riki spoke while he looked through the book shelves.

"Yeah but he's not that smart either. I've got a hunch that he himself doesn't know quite much. Obviously he's up to something. But he's not the guy we're looking for." Sohyeon explained while rummaging through the drawer of his desk.

"How are you so sure? For all I know he could be the one who brought us here in the first place? We didn't just magically appear in another dimension on ourselves now did we." Riki scoffed.

"What the hell is this...?" Sohyeon furrowed her eyebrows upon finding a peculiar object in his drawer.

"What?" Riki turned around to walk in her direction.

"It looks like some sort of glass...or a stone?" She thought out loud while holding up the cylindrical piece of glass covered with a black material around. It was just big enough to be held between her two fingers.

"Looks like some sort of magnifying glass." She speculated while analyzing the object.

"It should come with another magnifying glass." Riki commented.

"What's this?" He inquired while opening the notebook present on the desk.

"Some sort of notes on the books he reads. Nothing related to our interest." Sohyeon replied while still staring the the piece in her hand.

"Oh this is the book I just saw right now." Riki laughed upon him being able to remember the title.

"In order to acquire you must give." He read the line off the notes which was marked in quotes and highlighted.

At the boy's words the glass in Sohyeon's hand sparked for a split second.

"What book is that!?" She inquired and he looked at her with confused eyes.

"The Vampire's Destiny..." He answered.

"Go bring it!!" She instructed and he hasted without knowing why.

Sohyeon grabbed the book from the boy's hands and slammed it on the desk. She furrowed her eyebrows and then looked at the boy who was still confused.

"Riki.....this is in another language. Have you gone insane?!" She widened her eyes at him.
"Are you trying to prank me?!"

"Am I?! Are you trying to prank me?!" He retorted. "Can't you read the title?"