Chapter 8

(Lucifer's POV)

I looked over at the child. She was watching a cartoon. I know she isn't an actual child, but, well you get what I'm trying to say.

"Arin I don't know about this anymore" I say to the demon in front of me. "Know about what?" She asks as she eats some potato chips. "Kat. I don't know if we should do this anymore. She doesn't belong here, not with us" I say as I rub my temple. "Are you serious? The devil, unsure of something?" She says, it sounded like more of a statement than a question.

"Luci, Kat is good. She isn't like us, but she likes it here. The 2 weeks is up in 2 days. Why don't you spend it with her and then she can make the decision She wants. Let her make up her mind before you make up yours" Arin tells me before she gets up. I watch her walk to Kat and pet her head before talking to her.

I sighed and got up to get a drink.

(Katrina's POV)

I was watching my cartoon when I saw Arin step in front of me. She pets my head and I giggle at the greeting.

"Whacha watching kid?" Arin asks as she crouches down next to me in front of the couch. "Pony!" I say, clapping my hands. Arin tilts her head but says nothing. "Yeah? Who's your favorite?" She asks, moving to my right and sitting down.

"Uhhh Luna! She's the night pwincess in da show!" I squeal and then I feel the couch cushion dip down on my left. I turn and see Lucifer with a plate and sippy cup in his hands.

"For who?" I ask pointing to his hands. He smiles and places the plate, that I now noticed had goldfish crackers and some grapes, in my lap. "For you darling" he smiles and holds my sippy in his hands.

I start to eat my snack and I notice Arin and Lucifer start getting interested in the show. Currently the group of ponies were on a mission to save Luna from turning evil again.

I drank from my sippy and realized that both Arin and Lucifer weren't paying attention to me, so obviously I just had to explore again!

I walked out the door and saw the guards, I waved to them and noticed Gen behind me. "Puppy!" I squeal and pet him. He barks at me and I giggle before I walk with him back to the garden.

I see a really pretty group of pink flowers and I pick one. I put it in my hair then I look down the path and remember where the other man took me to see Arin.

I walked with Gen and I found the door we got Arin at. I was about to go in before I was pulled away by someone. I looked over and saw the man that was here earlier.

"Hewo mister man!" I greet him happily. He chuckles before going back to a serious face. "Why are you back here? Does Lucifer know you are here?" He asks me. "Uhh nope he back home watching pony" I smile at him. "Okay well I need to get you back to the castle, my name is Zeca" he tells me. "Zeca!! Uppies p'ease!" I put my arms up and he tilts his head for a moment before he picks me up.

"Like this?" He asks. I just nod in response and he starts walking to the castle. Gen was behind us and I was waving to him over Zeca's shoulder.

We get to the castle and Zeca walks into the living room, we see Lucifer and Arin panicking. Once they see us the let out a sigh and I'm let down only to be crushed by Lucifer and Arin hugging me.

"Hewo auntie Arin! Hewo luci!" I smile at them not knowing anything was wrong. "Where were you?" Lucifer asks sternly. "She was in the garden I'm guessing due to the flower in her hair, but I found her near the door I got Arin from when I first saw her, I'm guessing she remembered where it was and just went there" Zeca answers. Lucifer thanks him and then looks at me.

"Why did you leave darling? We have been through this, you could've gotten hurt out there" he tells me sternly. I pout and look down. "Sowwies, auntie Arin 'n Luci was watching tv 'n me wan'ed explore. Guards said hewo to me 'n Gen came wif me too" I answer and my chin is lifted up by Lucifer.

"Darling I'm not mad, I was just worried because when I looked down to see if you were done with your snack you were gone and that scared me and your auntie Arin, we thought something had happened to you. And for those guards, we'll I'm going to need to have a talk with them" he says to me and I hug him tightly.

He hugs back and kisses the top of my head. "How about we go watch more TV and your auntie fills in Zeca about our agreement and other things, how doesn't that sound love?" He asks and I clap my hands. "Yeah! We can watch pony!!" I say and I drag him by his had to the living room.

~An hour later (cuz I'm lazy)~

"Luci? I have a question" I turn to Lucifer and he looks at me. "Yes love?" He answers. "Can I go back to Earth?" I ask, I was kinda feeling homesick and I know I died and all, but I really missed it.

"Would you like to go up and visit?" He asks me like it's completely normal to get out of hell and walk around earth. "Have you done that before? You seem so casual about it" I tell him and he chuckles. "I've been to earth many times, but I always seem to end up back down here eventually" he explains.

I nod and look at my hands before looking back up at him. "Can we go back up so I can see how my best friend and sister are doing?" I ask him hopeful I can see them soon.

"Of course love, just say when and I'll take you up" he smiles at me. I smile excitedly and hug him tightly before I let go. "Wait...it can't possibly be that easy" I say to him as I sit back. "What do you mean?" He asks furrowing his brows.

"I mean, it's never that easy Lucifer. You can never ask for something without expecting to give anything in return. You're the freaking devil!" I exclaim and he looks shocked I was so headted suddenly. "Well Katrina, there is nothing expected in return. You have two days left here anyways so let's get through them and you can choose where you want to be" he says softly.

"I'm sorry I got so heated. I just, I just don't want to be forced into anything and not want it" I tell him as I get up off the couch. "It's okay Kat, I'll let you cool off a bit more. I'll be in my study if you need me" he gets up and fixes his suit before walking off.

I sigh and walk to my room. Two days and I have to make a huge decision.

One that will probably decide everything for the rest of my, not very life, life.

********************************
Hey everyone! I haven't updated as much as I wanted. I've been having writers block and that's not fun. So here is a kinda filler chapter so you all can't just be waiting longer. I'll try to write more though!

I love all you guys, gals, and non-binary pals! <3

WC: 1311
Bye Angel's 👼