Campfire

Dwight was sitting at the campfire

"Nea why didn't you help me!? " Meg shouted "I was on my last hook too! " Nea argued back "besides we don't know what that knew killer has up their sleeve. " She continued.

The mood at the campfire was a mix of angry and worried. The survivors weren't expecting someone new, nor the map which the killer seemed to know perfectly. And how the killer could find them so fast, it's like the fog didn't affect them.

Dwight was the first to go that trial, the killer seemed to be still learning how to play but that clearly didn't make them less deadly. The killer seemed trained, after all they had all that gear and the new map was that airsoft field, they're going to be a challenge the survivors weren't used to.

__________

(Y/n) found herself walking back through a forest, she wasn't sure where she was going or where she was but she saw a light through the tree trunks. As she got closer she realized it was a campfire, but it was surrounded by intimidating figures...

Is that Micheal fucking Myers?

Ghost face?

There were many others, a lot she didn't know. She didn't get closer to the fire and just stayed in the tree line. That's the last campfire she wanted to be at. There seemed to be a few more people that looked like her age though, 4 in the back. They all wore masks but they were shorter and more... Normal looking? Compared to everyone else.

(Y/n) just stared at the collection of killers in front of her until a familiar ghost face seem to catch on and looked right at her.

Uhhhhhh

She sprinted following the treeline, and she ran till she recognized the airsoft field. Finally somewhere she belonged.

________

"Who was that? " One of the legion members asked pointing to the treeline that ghost face had moved to go check.

"Probably just another curious survivor, " Ghost face answered

_________

She had seriously just sacrificed people but couldn't face a campfire of killers? That's just hypocritical isn't it. Why were they even there? Some of those people are movie characters! Maybe she really is going crazy...

She sighed checking the area but she knew she wouldn't find anyone, people seemed to only be here if a... Game was happening. Once she was satisfied with her sweep she took off her helmet and mask, leaving the balaclava underneath on just in case. She noticed while hunting those people that the office was included in this field replica because a generator was there, so she made her way to the office.

She opened the door which seem oddly dusty and entered the office. The place to play music and use the speakers on the main field seemed to be working so she checked around for a music player. After a bit of digging through old boxes she found an mp3 player, it was filled with more 80s music but that'll work.

She plugged in the aux and started jamming, now seems like a good time to practice her aim if she's gonna be using that pistol more often, it seems like these matches will be a common occurrence. She tossed a clip in and headed put of the office. She put her helmet and mask back on for a sense of security and headed to where the targets were.

Hard plicks of the bbs on ply wood targets sounded with the music from the speakers drowned out any sort of guilt ridden thought. She practically made these targets a light show with the amount of trackers on them. She even shot a smile onto one of them for fun. Soon she zoned out listening to the rhythmic hits lining up with the music

Plick
🎶
Plick
🎶
Plick
🎶
Pat
🎶
Plick
🎶

Pat? What?
She turned around pistol aimed. She saw no one but she could've swore she heard a foot step. She reached up in her mask to make sure the filter was on. Then she heard other footsteps, it was farther than she originally thought. She stuck close to the makeshift walls and went to the sound, and she started to hear muffled speech. Turning one last corner she saw the same 4 people from the fire "all I'm saying is with this new field, there's a lot more places to paint. " One of the masked men said, not noticing her lurking figure. "Someone's already got this place though, " A more feminine voice spoke this time as she pointed to the tag saying (n/n). "(N/n) ? I don't see anyone around with that name so I say free game! " The man spoke again. No way are they going to tag her field.

With that last thought she shot the smile masked man, a light stuck to the side of his head. "(N/n) here asshat, you aren't tagging my field. " (Y/n) spoke, sounding like someone completely different. She stood up tall and stood above most of them except the skull mask in the back "There's someone named (n/n) for ya" Another female voice spoke nudging the dude (y/n) shot. (Y/n) could hear a laugh come from the last guy in the back with the significantly differently styled mask than the rest.

"What are y'all doing here? " (Y/n) spoke next. "Just checkin the place out man, " The dude in the back spoke as the smile man muttered to himself trying to get the marker off while one of the girls watched him struggle. "That's a cool gun you got there! " The cracked masked girl spoke "I'd pay you if you shot Frank again, " The other masked girl spoke snickering. Frank? "Maybe I will, on one condition: you leave" (Y/n) said taking up on the offer. "Deal! " The cracked mask girl said "SUSIE! " Frank yelled sounding betrayed. (Y/n) couldn't help but snicker to herself as she aimed, but Frank was using the other girl as a shield. "Hey! " The girl shouted "how about you get that annoying light stuck on you instead! " Frank  spoke, he was trying to hide behind her still but he was a little to tall so (y/n) just hit him right on the mask. "There, y'all gonna leave? " Although (y/n) thought they were funny she'd prefer to be left with her thoughts.

Susie was laughing at Frank as he backed up in defeat. Soon enough both girls were laughing as they began to walk away, getting what they wanted. The man in the back turned to join them but Frank just stared for a second "do you want me to shoot another smile on ya while I'm at it? " (Y/n) jokingly threatened. "I'll remember this (n/n) ! " He said going to join his friends.

Maybe everyone wasn't so bad?