The Dayspring

P'Arthit....

That was the last word he heard before he lost his perception of his surroundings. There was a sudden streak of pain that bolted through his head, sucking the air out of him. He felt as if he is being swallowed, twisted, and twirled through a tornado. After a few moments, which felt like forever, there was complete silence.

Arthit sluggishly opened his eyes, gulping for air through his parted mouth. He was half relieved as he was brought back to the room, or did he really leave the room? There was nothing his conscience could retort. The first thing he noticed was the apparitions before him breaking in to millions of snowflakes, twirling and slowly fading into thin air .

The cold air was immediately replaced by the warmer one. The lights came on, and the door opened with a thud, revealing a completely drained Kongpob with tear strained face.

" P'Arthit......"
Kongpob rushed to his lover and engulfed him in his warm embrace. Tears coursed through their eyes. Arthit gave in to his boyfriend hugging him tightly ensuring he was fine, they were fine.

"P'Arthit.... Are you alright?", he started checking Arthit for any injuries. Once he confirmed there was none, he started prepping feather like kisses all over his lover's face.

"I was so scared P. I saw someone in this room. ....I thought...I thought, I have lost you forever....I couldn't breathe P....Tell me P....tell me you are fine.", he rested his forehead over his senior's.

Arthit chuckled looking at his lover through misty eyes. "I'm fine, Kong." Kongpob lifted his head and looked at Arthit.
"Then......what's this...why are you covered in dust?"

That question reminded Arthit of the incidents he saw with his eyes. The vulnerable and helpless faces of Som and Neen flashed before him. A shudder bolted through him when he thought about the old man with the sinister smirk. He clutched his boyfriend's shirt tightly trying to hide the sob which eventually left his lips, alarming the junior.

"P..What happened?", he could feel his lover trembling. Tears wetting his neck.

"It was a murder.....They were killed.....He killed them, Kong." Arthit whimpered against his boyfriend.

"What.....who....what are you saying?

Before Arthit could respond, they both jolted in continuous alert noise from their respective cellphones.

"You know what P....let's just get out of here..I don't want to be here any other second."

Arthit and Kongpob were laying in the bed in the junior's room. Arthit slowly lifted his head from the younger one's chest and peeked at his boyfriend, only to be welcomed by softly smiling Kongpob.

Once they reached the dorm a few hours ago, they fell in to the bed completely drained of any energy, forgetting their breakfast and lunch.

"Kong....", he called in a hushed voice.

"Mmm?", Kongpob raked his fingers through the silky brunette hair of his senior.

"What are you going to tell your father?", asked Arthit drawing soft circles over the junior's clothed chest.

"The truth.", Kongpob smiled.

"Huh?"

Kongpob turned to face his lover, pulling him close to his chest, and kissed his forehead. "P, we both know what happened there. We have experienced something uncanny, something mysterious which no science can explain. So it's my choice to tell him the truth, and it's his choice to believe it or not."

Arthit sighed and hugged his lover, listening to him. " But P, although there were utter chaos, there were some good things as well."

The senior looked up at the grinning younger one with a questioning look, making the junior to continue. " Like...how you were so brave and protective. How you tried to calm me down, whispering endearments and repeatedly kissing me. How you talked about our future, and beyond all this how you addressed me....baby, love, sweetheart....I am over the moon P.". Kongpob couldn't help but steal a kiss from the man who is switching between different shades of red.

Even before Arthit could retort, his phone started ringing on the night stand.

" Knot..."

They met Knot, who came to collect some texts from Arthit, downstairs. What surprised Kongpob was the senior who asked Knot to return his spare room key and gave it to Kongpob. Fortunately, Knot didn't question further where they disappeared on Saturday.

They went to have their lunch, and Arthit noticed his boyfriend talking on the phone when he brought their food. They finished their lunch with occasional smiles and glances. It seems like the junior is in for more surprises, because when he casually held his lover's hand, he didn't protest. Seems like it's his lucky day.

"P, I told my father, what happened there.", Kongpob looked at his lover who was looking at him with an inquisitive look.

"He didn't say anything. I don't know if he believes it or not.", Kongpob's fingers were itching to run his fingers through his boyfriend's hair which was swaying lightly in the gentle breeze.

By the evening, they were on Arthit's dorm, finishing their assignments, when Kongpob's phone started ringing. He took the phone and went to the balcony not to disturb his boyfriend who is busy with his works.

Arthit didn't fail to notice the pensive look on his lover's face.

"What is it Kongpob?"

The said person was fidgeting nervously, avoiding eye contact.

Okay, something's definitely wrong. Arthit put down his pen and gestured his boyfriend to sit beside him.

"I am waiting.", said Arthit with a frown.

"P, you know the Skyhigh is the project owned by the Driscoll Enterprises, don't you?", Arthit nodded slightly.

" I told you right...their current CEO Sean Driscoll is my dad's friend? Well...Dad informed them everything what happened to us in the apartment, and the former CEO, Sean Driscoll's elder brother, Carl wants to meet us.", Kongpob looked at his boyfriend who was in deep thoughts.

"It's okay P. If you don't want to go there, it's completely fine. I can meet him alone. I totally understand you that....."

" No....Kong. I need to be there.", Arthit interrupted the junior.

"But he might ask about us...you know...", his eyes were fixed on the senior.

Arthit sighed and glanced at his boyfriend, smiling affectionately. "It's alright, Kong. I want to be there with you."

Arthit and Kongpob waited in the private floor of Driscoll headquarters. When the door opened, Arthit frowned at the man in his mid fifties wearing grey suit. There was an uncanny fear that gripped his heart which made him unconsciously pull the younger towards him.

"Kongpob, son...it's been a long time. How are you doing? And who is this young man?", Carl looked at both of them.

" Uncle Carl. I am doing great. This is my...senior.", Kongpob pulled Arthit to sit beside him. Both forgetting their intertwined fingers. Carl tried to hide his smile from the young lovers.

While Kongpob and the other man were chatting about things that he is not interested, Arthit looked around the room. There were several awards, certificates, and pictures arranged in the room. Finally his eyes widened looking at a picture of a particular person which made him break out in cold sweat.

Arthit quickly grabbed Kongpob's hand in a tight grip.

"Kong....it's him....it's the man I saw"

.........................................................
A/N

Everything will be revealed in the next chapter. It's almost the end.

I hope you enjoyed it ✌️
See you soon 🤝
Stay Safe 😷