For Eternity

Carl entered the apartment 1046. He didn't care to turn on the lights, because once the door was closed, the darkness which enveloped him along with the grim silence, resembled his own life.

The person who he trusted the most, betrayed him in the most gruesome way, ripping his family apart. His father was his idol, whom he always looked upon. His solace when things got rough, yet deceived and let him down. Past few days, he has only been a shell, soul long lost.

He slowly strode across the living room and sat on the couch. He was welcomed with uncanny silence and coldness. He could see the frost gliding across the glass window, his breath visible to him. But he still felt warm. He was embraced in a shimmering blanket of warmth. Then he felt it....a pale hand on his shoulder, soothing him.

He didn't scream or run away, because he knew who it is. The warmth that he once basked on, something that he missed in his life. This time, he wouldn't ignore it, or take chances. He slowly raised his head, and saw them in the reflection on the glass. His eyes welled with tears, his lips forming a smile.
***

It's been a couple of days since Arthit and Kongpob met Carl at their headquarters. After the incident, so many things changed between them. It felt like a wake up call for Arthit. He knew he was being extra clingy to his boyfriend. He wasn't ashamed of it because he also knew that Kongpob is enjoying it.

Today they are having a study session at Knott's dorm. They have to finish their assignments before they start their internship next month. The thought about the upcoming internship itself is sending gloomy signals to his heart. He will be away from Kongpob. Arthit took his phone and read through the messages between him and his boyfriend.

"Oh.....oh......is it my mind or my eyes playing tricks on me...oh my god....Arthit is pouting. I can't believe it.", Bright burst laughing, which was soon followed by others.

Arthit glared at his friends. "Shut it...will you?"

"I bet it's something related to his 0062.", Tutah chimed in. Prem can only shake his head looking at his friend who is blushing beet red.

Knot threw a pen at Bright. " Focus. We have to submit this tomorrow."

" But it's almost finished, Knot. So please let go of the constipated look and take a break....or are you for some reason...jealous?", Bright definitely didn't have any filter. As his words left his mouth, he earned a kick from Prem.

" What.......??", Prem gestured at Arthit who was busy reading something on his phone. Knot sat next to him completely drained out of blood. Tutah could only facepalm at the sheer stupidity of his friend.

Knot came out of the reverie when he heard Arthit gasping next to him.

"Arthit, are you alright?", Knot patted his shoulders taking a glance at the phone, which was displaying a message from Kongpob.

Hang on Oon, I am coming there.

Arthit was gaping at the message from Kongpob. He couldn't believe what he just read. Carl Driscoll was found dead in the Skyhigh apartment 1046 due to heart failure. Arthit knew that's not the cause of death. Carl is liberated from his sufferings and grief. Arthit some how expected this to happen. It may be a shock to the family, but atleast Carl found his solace. He is United with his love. He is home.

"Arthit......."
Arthit looked at Knot with misty eyes which alarmed everyone in the room.

Before anyone could ask anything, there was a series of hurried knocks on the door.

Knot came to his feet, followed by Arthit.

Knot opened the door, and as expected Kongpob stood at the entrance with a strained look. His eyes roamed over the people inside the room, finally settling over his boyfriend. Next moment, he rushed forward, mirroring his boyfriend's movements.

Everyone else in the room were dumbfounded since Kongpob is well-known for his manners and respect towards elders. But when it comes to Arthit, it seems like he is ready to disregard his demeanor. Because at this moment he didn't even acknowledge other seniors in the room. His focus solemnly zeroed into Arthit.

Kongpob took Arthit in a tight embrace which was immediately reciprocated by the senior. Arthit let out a muffled sob nuzzling his lover's neck. Kongpob ran his hand over his back gently and kissed over his head.
"I am sorry P....I shouldn't have....."
"Don't be....We talked about it, didn't we?"

"They met like ..what...a couple of hours ago? Then why is Arthit behaving like his husband just returned from the war?", Bright whispered to Tutah.

" Shut up you blabbering idiot. That's love.", Tutah gave his dreamy eyes to the couple who is lost in their own world.

Kongpob cupped his lover's face with both of his hands, gently wiping the tears using his thumbs.
" Then...please don't cry..."

If Arthit's friends were surprised earlier, now their jaws dropped to the infinity and beyond looking at the scene unfolding before them.

Arthit pulled Kongpob by his nape and captured his lips in a tender kiss. There was no hurry. The kiss was slow, demanding, and firm. His tongue and lips coaxing the other. Arthit let out a faint moan when Kongpob wrapped his hands around the senior, and hauled him gently against his body, softly squeezing his waist.

"Aaaahhhhhh...."

The startled lovers jumped apart when they heard Bright screaming as Tutah bit his shoulder in excitement.

" Oh...why did you stop...we were enjoying the free show...let me get my popcorn ready....and wow Arthit...that was hot..you lucky bastard.", Bright said rubbing his shoulder.

" Kongpob.....do you have a brother....or a cousin may be...?"

"No...", Kongpob smiled sheepishly scratching his nape at grinning Tutah while hiding the blushing Arthit behind him.

"Uhhhhh....I've finished my work. So we are leaving.", Arthit glanced at Knot, who for some reason was standing by the door with a forlorn expression.

Kongpob helped Arthit to collect his things, and together they left the dorm. Knot closed the door trying to conceal his misty eyes.
***

Standing by the balcony, Kongpob looked up at the blanket of stars stretched to infinity. The moon scattering its silvery glow over the city, a timid breeze ruffled his hair. A gasp escaped his lips when a pair of pale arms circled his waist from behind.

"P'Arthit..."

Arthit leaned his chin over his junior's shoulder, basking the wonderful night and the intoxicating smell of his lover. Something stirred inside him, a need to claim...to be claimed. As if hearing his thoughts, Kongpob turned in his embrace, caressing Arthit's cheeks.

"Sleepy?"
Arthit could only nod at his boyfriend. He found a mischievous glint in his lover's eyes which he was surprisingly welcoming.

Kongpob leans down and kisses his boyfriend deeply pouring out his eternal love for the senior.  He slowly eases his lover towards the bed never breaking the kiss, and gently pushes him down. His kisses..now trails over the chin, jaws and corners of his lips.

As Arthit lay hypnotized under the younger, he never knew when their clothes were peeled off. Hands and lips roaming freely over their skin, their breath hitches as hormones rampage through their veins. The clenching muscles within their deepest part gives a pain so sweet yet sharp. They fall apart in each others' arms, shattering into millions of pieces. All the moans and cries were absorbed by the deep kisses.

The soulmates lay buried in each other's warm embrace. Arthit kisses the younger's bare shoulders, nuzzling his face into his smiling lover's hair. They make an unspoken vow, not to give up or let go, to fight for their love, together with the great respect for the trust they have for the other. Carl was right. You shouldn't take anything for granted, and cherish whatever you have. Because we don't know what's gonna happen the next moment, where we could lose everything...so it's better you make the most of every moments.

The wild whispering wind ripped through the streets picking up the speed. The stars shine over the Earth, three of them being the brightest.

The End
...........................................................................
A/N
This was my first attempt ever trying a scary theme.
I hope you enjoyed it ✌️
See you soon 🤝
Stay Safe 😷