The Confession

Carl felt a surge of happiness when his father, James assigned him a project. He felt proud as his father trusted him even though he is freshly graduated. But deep in his heart he knows that's not the only reason why he is having brightened spirits. Because he could spend his time with the love of his life, Som.

Carl met Som when he was a sophomore. She was an orphan and a scholarship student, who worked at the nearby bookstore. Their relationship gradually lifted from being a classmate, to a friend, then eventually romantic. He wasn't afraid of introducing her to his family, but he was scared of the social stigma. So before taking further steps, he wanted to prove himself, to the society, and to the family, that he was ready to accept the responsibilities. But fate had another plan for them, as they found out, Som is pregnant.

To the corporate world James may be a ruthless businessman, but when it concerns his family, you can't find anyone as gentle as him. Carl trusted his father with his little secret who asked him to lay low for a brief period of time since there were news about Carl being engaged to another business tycoon's daughter. James assured him once he returns from his trip to Europe, everything will be sorted out.

Once he came back after two weeks, he was informed that his father couldn't find her. Then he received a letter from Som stating that she needs a break and was visiting her distant aunt, her only living family member to ask for blessings. That was the last time he heard from her. He searched her everywhere, but she left without a trace.

Carl immersed himself in work. That was the only way to be distracted. His hard work paid off, their company flourished. When his father passed away a few years later, he took the reins of the company. He took care of his family, guided his brothers. He tried his best to fill the void his father left. He knew if his father was alive, this wouldn't have happened. His father would have helped him to find her. Meanwhile he never tried to build a family or find a mate, because his heart already belonged to someone, and he waited for her to return, with their child.

"Shut up!!"
Carl looked at Arthit whose face was all red with rage, gripping Kongpob's hand.

"It's your father......he lied to you......he killed them.....", Arthit raised his voice.

"Excuse me .......", Carl was cut off by Arthit who continued to speak.

" Your father....he found her...threatened her...he kept her switching to different places. Once she tried to contact you..when your daughter asked for her father...but he found out.", Arthit was shaking like a leaf.

" Daughter?  Did you say...daughter...I have a daughter...", tears flowed down Carl's cheeks.

" I said shut up!! You don't get to speak.......yes.....but it's you HAD a daughter.", Arthit slammed his fists on the table and continued.

" Your father was furious when she tried to contact you. He came one last time to shift them to some other place, but fate favored him that day. He used the earthquake as a cover, and killed them. Your daughter, Neen, she was only five. He killed them.....do you want to know where he hid them......."

Arthit looked at Carl who was shaking with gut-wrenching sobs that tore through his chest.

" ...right under your skyhigh apartments. That's where they had their house. Have you ever thought why your father bought that plot even if it's outside the city? He wanted to hide it.... because your father is a murderer..."

" Stop it....please stop...", Carl closed his eyes and shook his head.

" No, I won't....you said your father died by a construction site accident at that place...didn't you? It was her...she avenged herself and her daughter....because you failed...you failed to protect your family. You are a coward Carl.....you are a failure.", Arthit's lips trembled, and he cried.

Kongpob came to his feet and hugged his boyfriend. Arthit wrapped his hands around Kongpob's waist, and pressed his face on the junior's stomach.

"P'Oon, please don't cry. You know I can't stand you crying.", a tear escaped his eyes, as he ran his hand over his senior's back. Kongpob kissed on his lover's head.

" Let's leave Kong....take me away...", Kongpob could only nod. They came to their feet and was stopped by Carl.

" I....please take care of each other. Don't let anyone one or anything ruin your love. If anything troubles your love please have some trust and talk.....but please don't repeat my mistakes, and don't take anything for granted because tomorrow is not promised . Don't let go of each other. I know.....I am in no place to say these....but you both have my blessings.", Carl looked at the young lovers with eyes filled to the brim with tears.

Kongpob gave a small smile and led his sobbing lover outside the room.

Carl could only look at the retreating figures as he fell to his knees, crying out, realizing his whole life was a lie. The man he trusted the most betrayed him. He lost his lover, and his daughter who he never got a chance to see or hold. All because he was a coward. Arthit is right....he is a failure. He failed his family.

...........................................................................
A/N
One more chapter left.
What do you think about Carl?
What would happen next?
I hope you enjoyed reading.✌️
See you soon 🤝
Stay safe 😷