Chapter 6

Day 1                                                                       

                                                                                Yashiro (POV)

As my first period teacher went on and on talking about math equations I couldn't help but think about what happened yesterday. 'Is Minamoto sempai really my secret admirer? Why do I wish he wasn't? What happened after I left Minamoto sempai and Hanako- kun on the rooftop all alone?' I couldn't get these questions out of my head. I decided that doodling would get my mind off of things for now. 

As I was in the middle of drawing a cat I heard the classroom door open and the teacher stop talking. I payed no attention to what was happening, the cat I was drawing was more important than whatever was going on. As I was finishing drawing the cat I overheard the teacher say something about a new student. I didn't care until the teacher said the name Amane Yugi.

'That name sounds so familiar ....where have I heard that name before?' I thought while still doodling. It wasn't until I heard a certain boys voice did I look up to see who it was. 

There I saw him standing in front of the class introducing himself. A short boy with black, choppy hair and amber eyes who was none other than Hanako-kun himself!

"Hanako-kun! What are you doing here?" I quickly stood up and yelled across the classroom. I then realized the whole class was staring at me well except Hanako-kun, he had a hand over mouth to try and prevent himself from laughing.

"Yashiro please don't yell like that in my classroom again." The teacher said as I slowly sat back down embarrassed. 

"Oh don't mind her sir, she's probably excited to see me because we used to be childhood friends but I moved when we were 6 so she hasn't seen me in years." Hanako-kun explained to the teacher.

'Childhood friends?! Hasn't seen him in years?? I'm so confused. And when could he be seen by other people?' 

"Oh ok, well in that case why don't you sit next to Yashiro, she can catch you up to speed with what we are learning right now." 

"Ok." Hanako-kun said as he walked towards me. He then sat down next to me and smiled at me. The teacher then had resumed talking about the equation on the board.

"Hey Yashiro~" Hanako-kun said with a huge grin on his face.

'How is this even possible? How can everyone see and hear him? He's a ghost, how is this possible?!' Without thinking I grabbed his hand 'His hand is warm!' I then put my head on his chest to hear his heart. 'He has a heartbeat!!' I took my head off of his chest and looked up to see his face was completely red. He then looked away from me and I realized what I had just done. 

"I was just wanting to see if you were really alive that's all! I'm sorry." I said hoping he'd understand. He looked at me with only a bit of pink still on his cheeks and said "Why are you still holding my hand then?" I looked down and sure enough my hand was holding his. Embarrassed I yanked my hand away from his and looked down at my feet.

"So um.... how exactly are you alive?" I asked hoping this would help move on from what just happened.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that I get to be with you." He said smiling at me.

"But-" I was cut off by the bell and Akane rushing over to ask how Hanako-kun turned human, in which Hanako-kun avoided the question. He was walking out the door when I yelled."Hanako-kun!" I then grabbed his arm to stop him from walking away from me.