Chapter 13

Nene-chan (POV)

After school the next day, Aoi and Akane-kun invited Amane-kun and I on a double date with them at a small café they found. When we got there, me and Aoi sat down at a booth while Akane-kun and Amane-kun stood in the long line waiting to order our food.

"I'm glad you finally decided to go out with Akane-kun." I smirked.

"Yes, I know, you wouldn't leave me alone until I did."

"Yeah, but I had to agree on a double dat with Amane-kun to make it happen."

"Don't act like you're not happy to be going on a date with him. Speaking of which, how has it been between you two?"

"It's been fine, he still doesn't remember me but he still tries to act like we've been dating for months now." I casually said. 'One more day after today and he will be back to normal, and so will I.'

"Aww that's cute."

"Uh huh, I'll be right back I have to go to the restroom real quick."

"Okay." Aoi replied. I got up and left for the bathroom. Once I came back I saw Amane-kun and Akane-kun still waiting in line, but that's not all I saw. I saw a girl with slender legs and cute short black hair talking to Amane-kun. She was getting a little to close to him for my confort. 'It's probably nothing. I should just ignore it.' I thought to myself, but I didn't ignore it. Instead I walked over to him and grabbed his arm.

"What's going on Amane?" I asked looking at him. 'Did I just say his name with no honorifics?!'

"Who are you?" The girl asked gesturing to me.

"I'm his girlfriend." I said with a huge fake smile plastered on my face.

"Yeah right! You're not fooling anyone, daikon girl!" She snickered. My face turned sour. 'She did not just say that!' I lifted my hand up, about to smack her for that comment. 'No, put your hand back down. We aren't going to be slapping anyone today.' I tried reasoning with myself but, I just didn't listen.

"Why you little-"

"Why don't you leave." Amane-kun ordered, grabbing my arm before I could do such thing.

"Yeah, leave!" The girl said with an evil grin.

"I was talking to you." Amane-kun directed towards the girl.

"What? Why?!"

"Because you insulted my girlfriend and frankly I don't have time to deal with someone as fake as you."

"Whatever." She said leaving.

"Thank you." I said looking up at Amane-kun.

Nah it's nothing, I was getting tired of her bothering me anyway." He said looking down at me. 'Has he grown even taller? He's almost a half foot taller than me now! How is that even possible?' "So uh I'm just Amane now, huh?" He teased.

"Sorry I didn't realize what I said until after I said it." I said looking down at my feet.

"No, no I like it."

"You do?" I asked looking back up at him.

"Yeah, you can call me that from now on if you like."

"Well if you insist. It'd be kinda weird if I called you Amane but you still called me Nene-chan, so you can call me Nene if you want."

"Your name is Nene?" He asked. It took me a minute to realize I still hadn't told him my name.

"I completely forgot that I hadn't told you! I'm so sorry, but yeah my name is Nene Yashiro."