Why Does The Chapter Not Have My Point Of View In It?!

D   I   O   N   Y   S   U   S

I kept my cool on the outside, but on the inside, I was shivering.

In my defense, only complete imbeciles wouldn't. That, or more powerful beings. Although there only a few that I could think of.

When I said 'idiot boy', I expected a look of fury on the boy's face. What I did not expect was him to tilt his head to the side and say, "You look cranky, Lord Dionysus."

Somehow, I felt the lord part of it was to mock me. I think it was.

I raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to be turned into an Atlantic bottlenose dolphin?"

He shook his head lazily. "Don't think you should do that." He plopped into the chair opposite to me, the one where his cards were. "A rivalry with Poseidon is the last thing you need."

I spat out the Diet Coke I had chosen that time to drink. "P-Poseidon?" I stuttered.

Honestly, he was a cool uncle. Much more of a dad than Dad. And he was fun to be around. But he could hold a grudge, and (don't tell Father I said this) he was way scarier than the stupid King of Olympus.

It was then I registered he had called me by my name. Without introductions. And I was certain the old centaur didn't tell him who I was, because he had his jaw dropped. The other girls, Annabelle and Yancy, had their jaws low, too. I understood how they felt, since my own was wide open to.

He simply looked amused. "I could tell you were a god because if Chiron wasn't the activities' director, then only a god would be more important than him, trustworthy enough to be the camp's director. And I could smell the alcohol off you, so I decided you must be the God of Wine and Insanity, Dionysus."

I stared at the kid, dumbfounded. How was a kid of old Barnacle Beard so intelligent? I mean, I know it probably was because of a curse from my know-it-all half-sister, Athena, but if so, how did this kid manage to lift the curse on him? Or was he actually so smart that he was this smart even after dulling his intelligence?

I shook my head. "Do you know how to play Pinochle?" I asked, expecting the answer to be 'No'.

"Yes," he said.

I shook my head, not really registering what he said. "Kids these days, not knowing about games like Pinochle, which every civilized young - " I then finally realized what he said, and did a double-take. "Wait, you said you know how to?"

"Mm-hmm." He picked up his cards and placed his bet. "My abusive stepfather knew how to play, and I picked it up watching him play once. Although he always played poker, since he didn't like Pinochle much."

I felt like vaporizing the mortal. How dare he not like Pinochle?

As the game neared its end, I smirked. Oh yes. This time, my hand was good. I tossed my final cards in. "Beat that, old centaur."

The centaur smirked. "I shall." He threw in his cards, and I felt like smacking myself. I lost yet again! "I believe the game goes to me."

"Not quite," the kid - whose name I decided to say normally, since I had a feeling I need to respect him - said. "I believe I win, Chiron."

He threw in his cards, which were basically the most powerful pair in the game. Great. I have another foe I need to beat now.

He declined a tour of the camp, saying he'd like to figure things out himself. He was then taken to the Hermes Cabin, a.k.a. the Pranking Cabin, the Thievery Cabin, or Cabin Eleven.