Chapter 8: Once a Liar

"Rachel," I hear Sammy say.

"Yes?"

"Are you doing anything Friday night?"

"Nope,"

"Me. You. Date. Friday night. Ok? Ok."

I laugh at him.

"What?"

"Nothing,"

"So will you go on a date with me?"

"Yes!" I say.

"You hear that Skate?! She said yes!!" Sammy yells, running down the hall way to get to Skate.

He is such a kid. But I love him for it. I walk down the hallway to Skate's room and knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Skate asks through the door.

"It's Rachel,"

"Oh, come in," he says, less enthusiastically.

"Where's Sammy?"

"The bathroom."

"Oh, tell him I'm in the living room and I wanna talk to him,"

"No. Please stay in here."

"Um, ok," I say nervously.

"You is a fine girl, I must say, girls like you don't come around much." Skate says standing up. I see that he his shirtless, so you can see his tattoos. He starts making his way over to me.

"Wha-what are you d-doing?" I stutter.

Brushing a strand of my hair back, he starts leaning in.

"No!" I scream. I slap him across his face.

"Rachel?" I see Sammy, teary eyed.

"Sammy, Skate made a move on me," I say. He still looks unsure. "He tried to kiss me. I swear it was him and not me."

"Rachel, I-I don't believe you. Skate has been my friend for years. I know he would never do anything like this. I-I'm sorry I have to go." he says and runs out of the room.

"Wait!" I yell. I run after him. "Sammy, please don't leave."

"I have to. Sorry." Sammy says, shutting the front door behind him. I walk out the front door, looking behind seeing Skate smirk. I flip him off and run out the door.

Where do I go? The Jacks' house.

I run to the drive way and get in my car, a black 2015 Stingray Corvette. I speed off to the Jacks' house.

Once I'm there, I open the door, Johnson doesn't care if I don't knock.

"Johnson!" I yell.

"I'm upstairs!" he yells back. I run up the stairs, going into his room.

"Sammy. Have you seen Sammy?" I ask.

"No, but he called me and said he was going on a drive somewhere. Why?"

"Skate," I sit down on the edge of his bed, "He tried to kiss me and Sammy saw and he thought I tried to kiss Skate." I say, nearly in tears.

"Aw, c'mere," Johnson says, putting his arms out.

"I miss him. What if something happens to him?"

"He'll be fine, he's tough."

"I can't loose him though. I lost mine and his child and I can loose someone else." I say, tears running down my face.