5

5
ELODIE MAY

"What's on your mind, darling?" I jump as Enzo speaks up next to me.

We're sat on the sofa watching tv. I turn my head to look at him and furrow my eyebrows.

"Nothing." I shrug and go back to watching the tv. I feel him grab hold of my face and he turns my head to face him again.

"Don't lie to me. I can see that your mind is going one hundred miles an hour. Now tell me what is wrong?" His face is so close to my face my heart begins to race.

"Killian doesn't want me here." I whisper and Enzo's face softens.

"Did he tell you that exactly?" I shake my head and he chuckles lightly. "Well what makes you think he doesn't want you here?"

"Well he didn't say hi back and he kept glaring at me when I walked past him earlier on." I say, playing with my fingers on my lap. "He doesn't like me."

"That's not true." Another voice speaks up and my head shoots up and I look towards the door way of the living room. Killian slowly walks in and takes a seat in the arm chair that sits in the corner. The low lighting highlights his shadow and his strong jaw features making me clench my thighs.

Stop it, Elodie!

He has a bottle of beer in his hands and I watch with wide eyes as he takes a gulp, his throat bopping up and down. Enzo chuckles beside me and my body heats up when his arm wraps around my waist, squeezing gently.

"I thought you didn't like me?" I admit to Killian and he smirks.

"And why would you think that?"

"You don't smile much," I shrug, "-and you didn't say hi back." I cross my arms over my chest and his lips twitch a little.

"Hello, Elodie." He points the tip of his beer bottle at me before taking another gulp. I grin and relax against Enzo, a small yawn escaping my lips.

"You tired, darling?" Enzo questions, looking down at me with warm eyes and I shake my head but another yawn exposes my lie.

"You lie too much." Killian speaks out, keeping his eyes on the tv and I furrow my eyebrows.

"No I don't." I say in a defensive tone.

"You tired?" This time Killian questions me and I shake my head again. I can feel another yawn coming so I try to hold it back but my eyes begin to water.

Then I yawn.

"Okay, I am tired." I give in and Killian smirks, putting his beer bottle down on the coffee table and standing up. He walks over to me and holds his hand out in front of me. I look up at him with wide eyes and then I look at Enzo who smiles gently.

"I'll see you in the morning, darling." Enzo leans forward and places a small kiss on my forehead. A shaky breath escapes my lips and I look back at Killian.

"Let me take you to bed." Killian whispers and I freeze. "Not what you're thinking." He shakes his head.

"Oh." A sigh of relief escapes my lips.

"Not yet at least." This time Enzo whispers in my ear and then places a soft kiss on my cheek before patting my thigh. "Up you go."

I stand up on shaky legs and take Killian's hand. He begins to lead me out of the living room and I quickly look at Enzo over my shoulder to see him typing on his phone.

I turn back around and follow Killian up the stairs and towards my room. He opens the door and leads me inside.

"Everything you need is in the bathroom." He points out and takes a seat on the edge of my bed. He pulls his phone out of his pocket and begins to type quickly. I furrow my eyebrows and make my way into the bathroom.

I spot the baby pink satin pyjama set on the marble table, along with a fresh tooth brush. I smile gently and begin to get ready for bed.

As soon as I've finished doing my business I walk back out of the bathroom and make eye contact with Killian. He looks my bare legs up and down and I watch as he looks away and closes his eyes.

I bite my lip and hold my hands behind my back-not sure what to do with myself. I'm literally standing in a room with a hot, intimidating man who I am still unsure if he actually likes me or not.

"You're overthinking." He points out.

Damn these men are mind readers!

"No, I'm not." I deny and he raises his eyebrows, patting his lap and I frown. "You want me to sit on your lap.

He pats his lap again answering my question and I shake my head.

"It wouldn't be right for me to sit on your lap." I whisper.

"Why wouldn't it be, baby?" God there it is again.

"Inappropriate, Mr Killian." I nod my head and he clenches his eyes shut.

Oh crap! What did I do?!

"Have I upset you again?" I question, tilting my head at him and he shakes his head.

"You haven't upset me-I just.....I-fuck you're so cute." He stands up and makes his way over to me until he is standing right in front of me.

I have to crane my neck to look up at his tall frame. He stares down at me and I gulp.

"You're not going to be good for us." He whispers, reaching forward to stroke my cheek and I find myself leaning into his warm touch.

He steps back and inhales a sharp breath. I watch him walk back over to my bed and pull the covers away. "Get in." I climb up the bed and get under the covers.

As soon as the back of my head hits the soft, silk pillow, Killian reaches forward and strokes the top of my head. I smile and close my eyes.

"Goodnight, baby."

"Night, Killian." I whisper.

•••

I wake up in the middle of the night to someone stroking my cheek.

"Killian." I whisper into the darkness, assuming he never left after I fell asleep but I'm pretty sure he did.

"Enzo, darling." I open my eyes, confused as to why he's in here. "I'm sorry for waking you."

"What time is it?" I whisper.

"Four. I-I couldn't sleep." He stutters and I frown.

Enzo doesn't seem like the guy to stutter over his words. I switch the lamp on to see him knelt by the bed.

He has bags under his eyes and I can't help but reach forward to stroke his cheek. It looks like he hasn't had any sleep at all.

"You could stay with me and we can talk until you fall asleep." I smile and make room for him on the bed. He chuckles lightly and gets in next to me.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" I ask, laying on my back and stare up at the ceiling.

"Just one of those nights." He sighs and I nod my head, turning on my side to face him. Enzo turns his head and smirks at me. "You checking me out, darling?" He smirks and my face heats up.

"No." I whisper and he chuckles, turning on his side as well.

"You really are amazing, aren't you?" He whispers, running his hand lightly against my bare thigh. He gulps and then his eyes fall to my lips. "You go back to bed, darling. I'll be fine here."

I nod my head and turn my back towards him ready to fall asleep but I tense when I feel Enzo cuddle up behind me.

I've never cuddled anyone before! I've always wanted to know what it's like and with Enzo's arms around me I can finally understand why everyone loves cuddles.

I close my eyes and fall back asleep with a smile on my face.

A/N
Thank you for 15,000 reads 🧡