Chapter 15

Bucky's eyes began to slowly open. Dazed and confused, his attention was drawn over towards his metal arm which was held down.
The echoing of helicopters loomed over the warehouse that the three were hiding in. "Hey, Cap." Sam called, alerting Steve of Bucky's awakening.

"Steve." Bucky said, his voice was raspy. "Which. Bucky am I talking to?" Steve questioned seriously. Bucky barely hesitated to answer, "your mom's name was Sarah. You used used to wear newspapers in your shoes." He chuckled at the memory gaining a smile from the blonde. "Can't read that in a museum."

Sam stood to the side, his arms remained crossed and his weight shifted from foot to foot. "Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?"

"What did I do?" Bucky asked, slightly regretting the question. "Enough." Steve replied. "Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?" Steve asked, "I don't know." Bucky admitted.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better that 'I don't know'."

Bucky stared off, his mind searching for anything to do with the doctor. "He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve asked more urgently.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." In that moment, the atmosphere changed, Steve's Heart sat in the pit of his stomach, fearing what he was about to ask next.

'Who were they?" He leaned against the wall, arms crossed. "Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky explained, avoiding eye contact.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asked.

"Worse."

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asked. "Enough." Bucky made brief eye contact with his friend before looking back down at the floor.

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall."

"With these guys, he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilise. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see them coming." Bucky's warns set the other two, slightly more on edge. Sam slowly walked over to conform with his friend, his back turned to the brunette super soldier. "This would have been a lot easier a week ago."

"If we call Tony-" Steve started to say before being cut off by Sam. "No he won't believe us."

"Even if he did, who knows if the Accords would let him help." Steve turned away from his friend, "we're alone."

"Maybe not. I know a guy."

Steve's face gave off a hint of optimism before Sam spoke again. "And we both know a certain teenager that is going to help whether or not we let her."

"A kid? What do you expect a kid to do?" Bucky asked, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

Sam smirked slightly whereas Steve shook his head. "No, she is not getting involved. Not happening."

"What can this kid do?" Bucky asked again, trying to gain their attention.

"Katia has insane abilities, along with her sister." Steve informed.

"Katia, as in Katia Maximoff?" Bucky asked, a small smile creeping its way onto his mouth. "You know her?" Sam asked, taking a step towards the super soldier. "I did. HYDRA had me train her back in Sokovia, every now and again she would manage to tap into my mind and return me to normal, at least until HYDRA realised and stopped our training to avoid either of us escaping. Good kid. If the training had continued, she would likely be one of the most skilled assassins in the world."